FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jaw problem, what to eat?

Klaw 2
Well as in the title, I have a small problem.
I had to yawn and then it got stuck (while it was wide open). My reflex was to shut it but I couldn't so I held it open with my hands. When finally I could close it I had an other problem. I't hurts to open it, i can open it a little so ik can put some soup in my mouth and rice with Peanut sauce but for the rest it is impossible to eat anything proper. Of course I can't keep this up for a week without having serious digestive problems and I have hunger all the time. So what can I "eat" without chewing and opening my mouth to wide but still filling my stomach with some sort of diet that is not unhealty. Anysuggestions are welcome.
Tumbleweed
Buy a blender......... Wink
Klaw 2
It's "only" for 1.5 week, but if you blend everything I feel like puking, since that food feels like slime.
Tumbleweed
Even a fruit smoothie ?
HalfBloodPrince
Go for soup.
Klaw 2
I'm already eating soup but that is not realy nutricious...
Drawingguy
I don't really see that many alternatives- it's pretty much soup and blended food, from where I stand. But perhaps if you vary the soups, they'll be more nutritious. Sometimes, you can make thicker broths, add different ingredients- a soup can be like a painting: it ends up the way you want it to.
Tumbleweed
Klaw 2 wrote:
It's "only" for 1.5 week, but if you blend everything I feel like puking, since that food feels like slime.

Klaw 2 wrote:

So have you starved to death yet ?

What were your practical none puking nutritious alternatives ?..........assuming you still live Razz
Klaw 2
Tumbleweed wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:

Klaw 2 wrote:

What were your practical none puking nutritious alternatives ?..........assuming you still live Razz

wel it is over after a week cant open it fully yet but I can eat properly now.
Tumbleweed
Klaw 2 wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:

Klaw 2 wrote:

wel it is over after a week cant open it fully yet but I can eat properly now.

But What were your alternatives ?
Klaw 2
Tumbleweed wrote:

Soup
Soup with pieces of bread
Cup-a-soup
Krupuk
Desserts
that's about it.
Tumbleweed
Klaw 2 wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:

Soup
Cup-a-soup
Krupuk
Desserts
that's about it.

Krupuk .....aha crackers, out of interest how do you feel after a week of poor eating.
Klaw 2
Tumbleweed wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:

Soup
Cup-a-soup
Krupuk
Desserts
that's about it.

Krupuk .....aha crackers, out of interest how do you feel after a week of poor eating.

Well I felt my stomach a bit like I had only eaten really fatty food.

And krupuk isnīt a cracker itīs that chinese stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krupuk
It metls in your moth so you donīt have to chew.
Tumbleweed
Klaw 2 wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:

Soup
Cup-a-soup
Krupuk
Desserts
that's about it.

Well I felt my stomach a bit like I had only eaten really fatty food.

And krupuk isnīt a cracker itīs that chinese stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krupuk
It metls in your moth so you donīt have to chew.

From your own link.... under types
Quote:
Prawn crackers (British English), shrimp chip or shrimp cracker (both American English) are the most familiar krupuk to Westerners

and.......
Quote:
Krupuk are made by deep-frying them in oil. In only a few seconds they expand from thumb-sized semi-transparent chips to white fluffy crackers

Krupuk and crackers mentioned as the same thing (for most intents and purposes) .... I just used google images myself and saw some crackers, krupuk puli is a rice cracker , krupuk miller is a tapioca cracker Confused
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Krupuk
Confused Laughing
I think we are both Krupuk ...... Razz
raine dragon
mashed potatoes
mashed bananas
apple sauce
ice cream
those 'meal' shakes, like slim fast and such. They might not have the most calories, but they do have vitamins and nutrients.
Also, fruit juices and such for vitamins.

you can try baby food; I would recomend the fruit-kind; the veggies and meats tend to taste really bad to adults.

My mother has arthritis in her jaw, and at one point after surgery was eating babyfood and meal shakes. ^^;
gr8inferno
baby food.