FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brave New World

Poetsunited
A briliant book with a sad end... a must read for everyone :p
TurtleShell
I read this. It was alright.
ddukki
Gotta realize that it was written about fifty years ago, so it was very ahead of its time. Most of the science in this book is fascinating, even though a part of it was proven false later on. It's these kinds of books that make you think about how the future can bring new things, but still have the same problems.

I never really liked Bernardo Marx or John for that matter, but the characters together created a very good counterpoint. Good writing. Read it again and try to find some allusions and hidden meanings if you can.
spykE
Yeah I read it aswell quite a while ago. I'd definately recommend it!
knowledge08
Well yes, this book has to be read, just as well as 1984, I'd say.
PennyLane
Strange but good... Read it when I was 17 for English
Guelila
I havent read this yet, but Im going to buy it soon to read it, as many people have recommended it to me.
Wildchild
couldnt agree more with you i really liked the book..i would also like to recommend Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley .........even thats a nice interesting read ..............different but interesting .
Radar
The first half was very intriguing, and the look at the way everyone is engineered, how they relate to each other, their views on life, etc. is wonderful. But once you meet the savage I think it loses that. You're not looking at this world anymore, you're looking at a guy reacting to all of that very badly, and getting the message that ultimately their world is rather broken - which we were aware of already, and I don't think needs to be spelled out in the incredible detail that it is.

Or maybe it does, to give the full horrific picture. I don't know.

1984 is better, but you need to read this as well to complement it.