FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My favorit hobby is tracking Money

MFC1885
A Tracking-site for each currency.

The original idea comes from a $ tracking site, called Where's George Arrow American Dollar

Later on, there follow a lot of other tracking sites, par exemple:

Where's Willy Arrow Canadian Dollar

Eurobilltracker Arrow Euro

The Money Tracker Arrow Australian Dollar

I prefer €urobilltracker, because the € is the local currency where I live.

How it works?

Eurobilltracker wrote:
EuroBillTracker (EBT) is an international non-profit volunteer team dedicated to tracking Euro notes around the world. Each user enters the serial numbers and location information for each note they obtain into EuroBillTracker. From this information, the site extracts:

Diffusion information: Each Euro country has its own range of note serial numbers and from this information we can generate diffusion graphs that tell us how the notes travel to other countries. See the Diffusion section for more information.
Tracking information: When a note is re-entered, the users who previously entered it are notified via email. These hits can be seen in the statistics section.
Statistics and rankings: Who enters the most notes, which are the best countries? Where are the notes currently situated?

Try it out and have fun !
Drawingguy
I actually saw a bill with the where's george thing on it, once. It was actually really interesting, because I went home, and looked it up. Unfortunately, those bills are so few and far between, and I feel like people don't really care to update anything, so I don't see them much. They're a clever idea, though
MFC1885
Drawingguy wrote:
It was actually really interesting, because I went home, and looked it up.

That's the right reaction. Applause
lpgotti
Why didn't I think of that? That's a brilliant way to drive traffic to your website, I think defacing a bill might be illegal though.
Blissgene
If we can print barcode on notes, maybe it will improve the efficiency of collecting and checking. All you need is a barcode scanner. haha
MFC1885
lpgotti wrote:
Why didn't I think of that? That's a brilliant way to drive traffic to your website, I think defacing a bill might be illegal though.

I'm sorry, but it's not my website, I'm just one of the more than 190.000 participants !!!
Insanity
I've actually done that before, but a lot of times the money is lost and I don't know what happens to it. I imagine that people just threw it out or something, especialyl since it's just a dollar bill.
sailor69
Are there any good, inexpensive (or free) money-tracking sites out there? I would prefer downloaded software as opposed to something online.