FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harrison Ford - Latest Indiana Jones

deanhills
I am a great fan of the Indiana Jones movies. Also of Harrison Ford, in his earlier years. So could not wait to see his fourth movie "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Scull". Initially I was quite disappointed, as it was a totally different Harrison Ford. The Harrison Ford of the earlier Indiana Jones movies had more of the loner vibe, very well defined character, some aloofness, more adventure written into his features. The latest Harrison Ford has gone softer, more connected, not aloof anymore, less adventurous. I was however happy that he teamed up again with Karen Allen (Marion in the movie) and a brandnew son. Am a great fan of Karen's as well as Marion character in the movie. Bringing in a son was cute and touching. But not quite up to the very solid standards of earlier movies. Even the props, i.e. the enormous red ants, were almost plastic in comparison with the high standards of props of previous Indiana Jones series. Lacked authenticity.
blk3
Well maybe its about time they lay the series down to rest, I remember in the ending of the Raiders of the Lost Ark they rode off into the sunset. That should have been it. But we can't help it if Hollywood wants to milk of this franchise.
Zaini711
What to expect..... Harrison is getting old already. Still okay & entertaining but he's not Rambo !!! But I expect something more grandeur from Spielberg & Lucas. A disappointing material from them. Even effect by ILM look kind of cheesy and ''old''. As a whole, Indiana latest is still okay but should have been better and more BANG ! Hardcore fan will be disappointed.
Idoru
Hm, okay...
This thread have gotten my expactations down, but as it seems that is a good thing... Very Happy
Still waiting with joy to see it.
Bondings
I liked it a lot more than the previous Indiana Jones movies. It's the best movie I've seen in quite a few years. The action was great and I had quite a few good laughs. And yes it's different than the other movies (less loner, ...), but he's older now and the change is for the better in my opinion. It's definitely a must-see.

I do agree with the cheesy ending though, however it didn't bother me that much.

Trailer
ainieas
For someone who has not seen any of the Indiana Jones movies what do you suggest. Should I try and get hold of the earlier parts before watching this one?
Bondings
ainieas wrote:
For someone who has not seen any of the Indiana Jones movies what do you suggest. Should I try and get hold of the earlier parts before watching this one?

It's definitely not needed. The movies are stand-alone. However they are classics and you should definitely see them whenever you have the occasion, at least if you like the genre.
GoldWyvern
I have to disagree there, you *must* watch the previous Indiana Jones movies.

... what, you're still sitting there?

Get up, brush off your jeans, grab the keys, and head to the video store. Beg for the movies. Watch them, ebay the collectors set, start a small shrine in your basement.

It's the proper thing to do!

In all seriousness, LOL, each of the Indiana Jones movies were fantastic - and best yet, even through they had very early production years (directly after the original Star Wars), they would gross well in movie theaters of today without a single change. They are.. undated, without 80's slang or expressions, each one it's own story.

Good movies. Watch it because they would be fun to watch. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Incidentally, FYI, Indiana Jones is set in the.. 1920-30's? Except for the new one, which is in the 50's. Jones is an Archaeologist who believes treasures belong in museums, not sold on the black market. It's similar to the Lara Croft series of movies in action and adventure, but far less cheesy.

Indiana Jones is a man's man, playing almost the exact same sort of character as he did in Star Wars. You'll enjoy.
parmaster
Loved the first three movies, some of my favourite movies of all time. When I heard they were making a new one my first thought was it was going to be a let down, sound like it is. Will find out soon anyway.
hdcruiser07
I use to like the Indiana Jones movies.I think its just the same for all of the movies they repeat.The first one is usually the best.And the 2nd one is allright.But after that it seems to just be another repeat.Same
thing just a little different twist.I haven't seen the latest one but not sure I will until its out on dvd.Just heard it not that good from too many sources.
Poetsunited
I'm going to watch it this weekend most likely... Unless some of you really say that it was stupid :p

So gimme a quick head's up ...

I liked the first 3 and i supose the 4th one won't be bad either...
Animal
I enjoyed the film and found it really entertaining. I was quite disappointed with the ending though - the previous Indiana Jones films were at the far stretch of your imagination but all seemed slightly plausible. This one was just way out there and it kind of spoiled it for me.

However, there were some excellent action sequences, part that made me laugh really hard (the bit involving the refrigerator was my personal favourite!) and I did find it really entertaining. I'd recommend that people go and see it... but I still feel a little disappointment. I don't want to spoil it for anyone by giving parts of the plot away but most of my friends who have seen it all said the same about the last half hour or so - they just seemed to push it a bit far in my opinion.
Dlstreet
Wikipedia wrote:
All informations About the movie :

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a 2008 science fiction adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg, from a story co-written by executive producer George Lucas. Set in 1957, the fourth film in the Indiana Jones film series pits an older and wiser Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) against agents of the Soviet Union, led by Irina Spalko (Cate Blanchett), in the search for a crystal skull. Indy is aided by his former lover Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen), the greaser Mutt Williams (Shia LaBeouf), and fellow archaeologist Mac (Ray Winstone). John Hurt and Jim Broadbent also play fellow academics.

The film was in development hell since the 1989 release of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, because Spielberg and Ford initially disagreed over Lucas' choice of the skull as the plot device. Screenwriters Jeb Stuart, Jeffrey Boam, M. Night Shyamalan, Frank Darabont, and Jeff Nathanson wrote drafts, before David Koepp's script satisfied all three men. Shooting finally began on June 18, 2007, and took place in New Mexico; New Haven, Connecticut; Hawaii; Fresno, California; and soundstages in Los Angeles. In order to keep aesthetic continuity with the previous films, the crew relied on traditional stuntwork instead of computer-generated stunt doubles, and cinematographer Janusz Kamiński studied Douglas Slocombe's style from the previous films.

Marketing relied heavily on the public's nostalgia for the series, with products taking inspiration from all four films. Anticipation for the film was heightened by secrecy, which resulted in a legal dispute over an extra violating his non-disclosure agreement, and the arrest of another man for stealing a computer containing various documents related to the production. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released worldwide on May 22, 2008.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Kingdom_of_the_Crystal_Skull

James007: Quote tags added | Posts combined | Source added
zeus2602
The idea of Harrison Ford to countinue Indiana Jones was 1991, nearly 16 Years later they began to produce the movie.^^
TurtleShell
Idoru wrote:
Hm, okay...
This thread have gotten my expactations down, but as it seems that is a good thing... Very Happy
Still waiting with joy to see it.

that's exactly where I am:) Still totally want to see it, have lower expectations than I did a little while ago, still excited.
pmfiebig
The scene with the 'atomic blast' was taken directly from the original screen play for Back to the Future. I guess that Speilberg liked the idea so much he just had to use it. Originally in BTTF Marty would have been sent to 1985 while hiding in the fridge during the nuclear blast.
nigam
i have been waiting for this movie....ive been watching this movie all over...Love Indi JOnes
gr8inferno
I like Harrison Ford, I like Indiana Jones, I want to see it. I heard it offended communist.
roxys_art
In my opinion, the Indiana Jones movies are some of the best movies I have ever seen. In fact, The Last Crusade is definitely my all time favorite movie.

Sean Connery and Harrison Ford have great father/son chemistry and makes for some very, very humorous moments. This movie has some of the greatest lines in it, and the movie itself flows very well.

Ahhh...I have watched the movie so much, I can probably recite it line-by-line. Some of my favorite lines from it are:

[Nazi Colonel Vogel is torturing Henry to get answers]
Colonel Vogel: Tell me about this miserable little diary of yours. The book is useless and yet you come all the way back to Berlin to get it. Why?
[he slaps Henry in the face with his glove]
Colonel Vogel: Why?
[he slaps him again]
Colonel Vogel: What are you hiding?
[he slaps him again]
Colonel Vogel: What does the diary tell you that it doesn't tell us?
[he tries to slap him again; Henry grabs his wrist, stopping him]
Professor Henry Jones: [through his teeth] It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!

[after using an umbrella to scare a flock of birds to fly into the engine and cockpit of an enemy plane after the Joneses]
Professor Henry Jones: I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky...

And then, one of my all-time favorite scenes:

[Indy and his father have stolen a plane from the airship, and are now being chased by German fighters]
Indiana Jones: Dad, you're going to have to use the machine gun. Get it ready!
[Henry turns around and gets the gun ready]
Indiana Jones: [spotting an approaching fighter] 11 o'clock! Dad, 11 o'clock!
Professor Henry Jones: [looking at his watch] What happens at 11 o'clock?
Indiana Jones: Nine (points to 9 o'clock), Ten (points to 10 o'clock), Eleven (points to 11 o'clock)...ELEVEN O'CLOCK!
[Henry starts to try and shoot the enemy planes. In the process of doing this he goes from right to left with the machine gun totally obliterating the tail of their own plane]
Indiana Jones: Dad, are we hit?
Professor Henry Jones: More or less. Son, I'm sorry..........they got us.

Haha. I could go on and on, but these are just some of my favorites. I would definitely recommend seeing the other three movies before you see the new one!
drunk3n_f1st
i didn't liek the movie's ending. aliens? not for me
webpagist81884
Indian jones franchise sucked to begin with. I never found these series entertaining and will definitely not waste my time with the newest movie. Waste of money.
mtorregiani
I just saw the movie, and I can tell you it's pretty good. The end it's a little bit old fashion in my opinion, but it's a good movie anyway.
jsk02a
I never really liked Indiana Jones, and I'm not sure why...the historical importance is there, the action...not sure, perhaps it's the idea of an archaeologist fighting Nazis that seems crazy to me. It could also be the fact that I saw the movie at a younger age and wasn't impressed when that guy rips that guy's heart out of his chest, that's all I really remember about the movie...and the shenanigans he was always getting himself into!
browncoat777
blk3 wrote:
Well maybe its about time they lay the series down to rest, I remember in the ending of the Raiders of the Lost Ark they rode off into the sunset. That should have been it. But we can't help it if Hollywood wants to milk of this franchise.

First of all, blk3, you're citing the ending of The Last Crusade, not Raiders of the the Lost Ark. Crusade was the third movie, with Indy's father played by Sean, and still the best Indiana Jones movie yet. Lost Ark ended with the iconic warehouse scene, heavily referenced in the first action scene of Jones 4

Anywho...

The first words out of my mouth after seeing Jones 4: "better than temple of Doom"

That was it for a bit. My wife, who enjoyed the Tomb Raider movies slightly more than me, also enjoyed Jones 4 more. It is definitely a very different movie from the original trilogy, but nobody's really talked here about the differences that bugged me.

BTW: Minor Spoiler Alert

The scale of the movie was too big. When I think of classic Indiana Jones moments, I think of Indy going one on one with the Nazi Goliath around the bomber, or his desperate fight atop the tank. There are moments like that in this movie, but there are also a couple of moments that are so big that they just tick me off. 1) in the Area51 warehouse, the Soviets ignore the Ark of the Covenant. IT'S THE FREAKING ARK, MAN! it really just irked me that they used the Ark as a gag, when ultimately, I'd much rather have the Ark be a part of my nation's arsenal than the goofy Crystal Skull. 2) The nuke test. nuff said. 3) In the end, this movie was kind of superfluous, because the Aliens sort of cleaned up their own mess anyways.

On the Plus side: some very good combination of action and comedy, like you expect from a Jones movie. Mutt Williams(Shia Lebouff-sp?) was a very enjoyable addition to the cast. Harrison Ford does a good job of acting like Indy +20. Remember: this movie is supposed to be set twenty years after the originals, so the minor character changes are GROWTH, not deviation.

In the end, I recommend it as a good popcorn movie, but don't expect something as good as the Last Crusade.
00chaos8
well im goin to go see it tonight hopefully, I heard ppl say its dissappointed and some ppl say its amazing. I am a huge indiana jones fan so I will gurantee myself to see it with my buds.
fenveteknoloji
harrison ford is good actor indiana jones series very nice series
MeddlingMonk
** SPOILER ALERT **

Having seen the latest Indiana Jones film, I found that it was, in some respects, different to the original trilogy. Naturally, as it is set 19 years after The Last Crusade, the main villains are no longer the Nazis but the Russians. The FBI, Area 51 (the warehouse) and the nuclear test help to set the atmosphere (even if the nuclear test is a bit over-the-top).

It was more amusing that the first three and there were a few bits that seemed.... highly implausible to say the least (which made it all the more amusing). There weren't as many references to the original trilogy as I expected (given that when series are resurrected, I tend to find they overdo the cliches and references).

I quite enjoyed it, though I am of the opinion that The Last Crusade is by far the best Indiana Jones movie. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull requires some knowledge from the trilogy (mostly from Raiders of the Lost Ark) but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have seen the trilogy to enjoy the film.
bigt
It was interesting. I liked it, but I'm not hard to please. They spent some time on trying to get everything like they filmed it 5 or 10 yrs later than the last movie. My only question is how are they going to release the next one as they milk the series? heh. I kinda hope that's the end so it doesn't become a joke.
Vladalf
I didn't like the latest Indiana Jones movie. Indiana was funny and the story was interesting but all those special effects don't fit well with the Indiana Jones style. Anyways good movie!
-Vladalf
lastelement0
i heard that this was totally awful and not worth it to go see. for that reason im turned off from going to see it. i wasn't even interested in it at all to begin with. so with these reviews i've been hearing, despite the "rave" reviews one sees on the trailers on tv. indiana jones just never really struck me as my kind of movie with the whole old feel to it. im sure there are those of you that really enjoy the series and enjoyed this movie but im not one of them
arguiaren
I like Indiana Jones[/url]
KeenEyes
I actually haven't seen the 4th movie yet, but it does seem like Harrison Ford is growing too old for his job. There were actually rumors about a 5th movie coming out, but I say that would be horrible! Really, they're milking too much out of this franchise and should just stop.
carl_fernandes
I have not see the earlier movies.. This was my 1st Indian Jones movie and I throughly enjoyed the movie. The action scenes were very well executed and look great. The 1st half was really gripping. Enjoyed the 1st half more then the second half. I think its worth a watch..
lagoon
I think this film does the originals justice. It has all the elements one would expect from an Indiana Jones film, and Harrison Ford does a great job as an aged Indy. I couldn't ask for more!
Wolf1918
Zaini711 wrote:
What to expect..... Harrison is getting old already. Still okay & entertaining but he's not Rambo !!! But I expect something more grandeur from Spielberg & Lucas. A disappointing material from them. Even effect by ILM look kind of cheesy and ''old''. As a whole, Indiana latest is still okay but should have been better and more BANG ! Hardcore fan will be disappointed.

Hey, come on, we all get older, if we're lucky enough live that long. And besides, I think Stallone might be pushing it to make another Rambo movie. He's not exactly a kid anymore either, ya know.

A real life person can still have adventures even as they get older, so why not just enjoy the movies for what they are. Entertainment.

If you don't want to see Indy swinging from his whip, or Rambo Kicking A-- and taking names (at an older age) just don't go to see the movies.

Watch the originals again and remember your heroes the way they were. Who, unlike real people, can remain timeless and ageless due to the magic of video.

Just my 2 cents,
Chad
speeDemon
I would love to see this movie!! Laughing

But unfortunately, In my country it isn't being screened in english... Boohoo Crying or Very sad

But I have also heard that the movie wasnot that appealing, so, I think maybe it really isn't that bad that I can't see it. But still............. Somewhere deep inside by heart........ I want to see this movie!!
Ive already learned about all the critics and stars, but well,,, (sigh).... Mad
medievalman26
I have to admit, it was a very good movie. It looks like there will be another one coming....EVENTUALLY! Still, it was well done considering the huge fan base...and it followed the timeline Smile
MythicalFault
I was never a huge fan of Indiana Jones, but I won't say the movies aren't entertaining. I'm one of those few enlightened who call Harrison Ford by his true name: Han Solo. You people need to understand, Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones are just men Han Solo pretends to be on the side when he's not smuggling goods throughout the Galactic Empire. Laughing

Okay, so that was entirely lame. Seriously, though, I would like to see this movie. Harrison Ford is a great actor IMO, and I like the character Indiana Jones even if I do find the entire concept a little... "cheesy". Unfortunately I probably won't get to see it until it comes out on DVD, unless someone invites me to see it with them.

At least I don't have to worry about being let down, as my expectations are for it to be entertaining in a cheesy, funny sort of way. "A good popcorn movie" is a nice break some times. Smile
chsxc
Parts of it were actually filmed in my hometown. They wouldn't let me be in it tho Evil or Very Mad . O well... I still haven't gotten out to see it yet. I hear it's good!
TentativeChaos
I like the movie a lot. I don't really remember the old one to well though, so I can't really compare.

One thing I noticed, I think that the mantle of Indiana Jones might be passed on to his son, then they could do a whole slew of new Indiana Jones movies even after Ford is retired.
media-flow
i thought the film was really good, it exceeded my expectations!

8 1/2 ~~~/~~~ 10

mikey b!
ainieas
Bondings wrote:
ainieas wrote:

It's definitely not needed. The movies are stand-alone. However they are classics and you should definitely see them whenever you have the occasion, at least if you like the genre.

GoldWyvern wrote:

... what, you're still sitting there?

Get up, brush off your jeans, grab the keys, and head to the video store. Beg for the movies. Watch them, ebay the collectors set, start a small shrine in your basement.

It's the proper thing to do!

In all seriousness, LOL, each of the Indiana Jones movies were fantastic - and best yet, even through they had very early production years (directly after the original Star Wars), they would gross well in movie theaters of today without a single change. They are.. undated, without 80's slang or expressions, each one it's own story.

Good movies. Watch it because they would be fun to watch. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Incidentally, FYI, Indiana Jones is set in the.. 1920-30's? Except for the new one, which is in the 50's. Jones is an Archaeologist who believes treasures belong in museums, not sold on the black market. It's similar to the Lara Croft series of movies in action and adventure, but far less cheesy.

Indiana Jones is a man's man, playing almost the exact same sort of character as he did in Star Wars. You'll enjoy.

Thanks for replying! I think I'll definitely catch up with the earlier editions first. Got a few exams and stuff coming up right now but I'll definitely catch them as soon as I can and surely before the latest edition. I know that may not be required but I do want to join the fan club!!
eznet
Although a bit stale now, I will throw my 2 cents in. I personally liked the 4th installment of the Indiana saga. I was lucky enough to catch a sneak showing of the movie 2 days before release and was not let down in the least... perhaps it was because it was free and I was getting to see it early, but more likely it was because the feelings and emotions that I experienced when watching the first 3 as a younger lad - replayed in adulthood; resembling a severe, yet comforting case of deja vu - all without feeling beat, tired or played-out.
Yea, as you may have heard, there are 'visitors' and that did seem a bit out of place with the themes from installments before, but 'HEY', Aliens are more scientifically likely than anything out of "Holy Grail", so whats really questionable here - Aliens or cups that will shrivel you with one sip? I just get the feeling that "Indiana Jones and the Search for the Cure for Cancer" won't titillate the imagination nearly as much...

-Matt
keziahxoxo
I think mutt (i don't know his real name Sad) should replace harrison ford i think his too old for action packed movies like that Smile he might even break hi back Smile) and btw, i don't talk formally
Marineguyfla
This was a great movie. I really enjoyed it. However, I thought that the ending could use some work. oh well. Not as good as the originals
viraj
I saw the movie yesterday only... the effects are great but the movie is totally missing the story line.. I think now a days films with mythological stories will not do.. we have already witnessed the Mummys, Titanics and National Treasures...

But for once viewing espl for the Jones fans the movie is not depressing..

Go and have your own perception...
Sphaerenkern
I dunno if I ever saw the first three Indiana Jones movies. But I watched the forth part and I pretty liked it. I had no problem with the fridge and the aliens, well, okay. Not _that_ bad. Since I like the character / theme, I'm gonna watch 1-3, too.
They were on TV a few month ago, but I missed them all... Sad
gh0stface
Eh.. I saw this last Sunday and thought that this movie really just didn't live up to the hype. Especially to the name of the Indiana Jones series.

I myself really didn't like the plot compared to the past Indiana Jones series. Slight spoiler... Highlight to read.

-Slight Spoiler-
Quote:
The story line might've been a little more plausible if the alien didn't come back to life and then just kind of leave without an explanation.

-End Slight Spoiler-
whitehole
I saw it twice and I really liked it both times. It was packed both times and was fun to watch.
pjfa
Is it really a good movie. I think it's a little bit has been now...
But in fact I wait for the Star wars new episodes.
Gonzalo
Well, as my first post in this community, I may say that having the opportunity to comment about this movie is rather great considering I just watched it two hours ago.

To start with; who else may be left for Mr. Jones to fight against?

I heard some months ago it was going to be made completely without any 3D effects, and due that fact, I really hoped for a real sequel in respecting a visual FX filming process. Can not hurt to be more accurate in the making! But I think there is plenty of computed generated animation going on that are not as bad as expected.

Anyhow, I enjoyed it and personally consider it’s actually another pop-corn, casual, not to remember, far from well planned, girlfriend friendly to watch with, Spielberg hit. Congratulations for him.
tempdbs
Me waiting for the movie in Cinemas...!

Have see the trailers & Cam print...! Awesome...!
Nutteloos
Gonzalo wrote:
Anyhow, I enjoyed it and personally consider it’s actually another pop-corn, casual, not to remember, far from well planned, girlfriend friendly to watch with, Spielberg hit. Congratulations for him.

I'm not sure I quite get what you mean here, but I agree to the point that the movie was good. That's enough for me. Smile
Gonzalo
Jaja, fine mate, fine. Its awkward to remember the fact that a movie doesn’t need to be good to be enjoyable. I tried to remark the effect on craftsmanship needed to make movies nowadays; it’s tongue-tied reduced to a chap placed in front of a computer.

Meh, we all have our point of view going on. I hope you had a nice time watching it.

Gonzalo.
czc587
I'm glad to see that there are some here who really liked it and some who did not - Just like any hit movie. I'm really looking forward to seeing it and cant believe I haven't been there yet. It's been many years, what, 20 some years since the last one so I'm not expecting it to be linear - remember the start trek series then movies with William Shatner, but I liked those and him also. Anyone know if it'll make a dvd anytime soon ?
gandalfthegrey
I find crystal skulls fascinating.

(1) The quartz that the skulls are made from, are the same material we use in our microchips.
(2) Attempts to date the Mitchell-Hedges skull, suggests the skull predates human civilization at over 10,000 years old
(3) Their is no evidence of tools used on the Mitchell-Hedges skull. I cannot begin to comprehend the knowledge or technology used to form the skull.

The skulls could likely be from some lost civilization that predates our knowledge, or even perhaps aliens.
taytay
I kept waiting to see the little chinese boy join the crew and start screaming DR. JONES!- like good ol' times. Yeah he'd be grown up... but that would have been awesome!

GoldWyvern wrote:

*twitch* *monotone voice* I muuuust watch Indina Jooooones....

GoldWyvern wrote:

Wow... I JUST realized he's in Star Wars..

I'm a retard Dancing
rickinyorkshire
Yea i liked this film, wasn't expecting it to me up to much with Harrison knocking on but i was pleasantly surprised.
poppat
I am sorry to say I have only seen the trailers so far and it looks cool.

However, an Indy in his sixties (or fifties) was always going to be a constrained affair.

The problem with Hollywood is that they don't know when to stop and they are not really in touch with the 'real people' that watch their films.

On the other hand it seems a good idea to redo the Hulk franchise as the first effort had so much wrong with it, which i don't believe was Ang Lee's fault.

Anyways, I intend to see the new Indy movie on Monday and I will be posting back here soon after.

poppat
cadilak
the last Indiana movie its not so good, nothing new, some effects and thats all...
marrs
it doesn’t totally suck, the sequel is just “unnecessary”
everything about the film is “bloated” and Spielberg/Lucas try way too hard.
it doesn’t feel like Indiana Jones, Harrison Ford may as well be Harvey Keitel or Booger
too much unnecessary, analytical dialogue a la the prequels
Cate Blanchett’s is the “least interesting” of the franchise’s villains
nivinjoy
I liked the movie... It is collecting like anything in my place...!!! Lucky guys anyway...!!!
cavey
I'm a huge fan of Indiana Jones and other treasure hunter movies. I was really looking forward to this movie, and I was not disappointed! I enjoyed every second of the movie! It was funny and exciting!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Loved the refrigerator scene! :D

Do I smell a mutt spin-off?
Laughfeen
i never actually went to see the movie but isn't this movie banned because of its negative communist accusations?
bobmarley
i have to say although it was no were near as good as the previous films, i still enjoyed it Very Happy the one thing that got at me was the ending...i didn't like it at all, left a lot of questions. deffinatly worth the watch although i wouldn't want to watch it again

open questions at the end are good....but this film just had too many in my oppinion.

not gonna go into detail as not to spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet.
csoftdev
I think this movie is total crap, i mean the latest one.
i have been big fan of it since the first episode but the latest one really disappoint me a lot
alien? come on, don't get starwars into indiana jones.
singh.gurjeet
Thanks for the feedback guys... I was planning on buying this movie for my collection, but I am not going to do that. I'll rent it out and will watch it for sure.
thepringer
I was not expecting aliens in it
arquivo
well... i watched last week, for free, because i won the tickets in a promotion... i got happy for not did pay to wacht that movie...
I dont know but i think that was too unreal and fake... and more i live in south anerica, belive me, ants of that size doesnt exist...hehe
And what was tha guys, sand guys of some like that, into the caves... how long time they was waiting to get out?
well, thats just my opinion, i liked more the old indiana movies...
malcolmpreen
It had some good points... but overall was a little predictable (in the way the sequels tend to be).
potential spoilers follow so I've included some spoiler space
I liked the "flying in a lead lined fridge"... although it was a little corny.
Same with descending down the retracting steps.
I certainly wouldn't class it as a "must see", but for fans of the series, it brings back some pleasant memories (and killed a couple of hours...).

Malcolm
kicouette
I didn't like that last movie. I thought Indiana Jones' child was not worthy of his father and that the end of the movie was closer to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" than to any of the Indiana Jones movies... quite deceiving !
jon_k
Ya to me this wasnt a great movie my favorite one was the second one with the guy grabbing peoples hearts :O
haydxn
grrr, people complaining about there being aliens in it... FFS, have you watched any of the indiana jones films? [1] ark of the covenant, melting people who see it open, [3] holy grail, with powers of healing and immortality... ([2] had the most 'plausible' plot, but was still silly when indy goes under their spell).

The central plot device for the new film is a far more plausible and likely scenario than the first or third films [and they're regarded by anyone i know as the better ones, above temple of doom], so to criticise this film on that regard is just annoying, and doesn't particularly carry much merit.
eznet
haydxn wrote:
grrr, people complaining about there being aliens in it... FFS, have you watched any of the indiana jones films? [1] ark of the covenant, melting people who see it open, [3] holy grail, with powers of healing and immortality... ([2] had the most 'plausible' plot, but was still silly when indy goes under their spell).

The central plot device for the new film is a far more plausible and likely scenario than the first or third films [and they're regarded by anyone i know as the better ones, above temple of doom], so to criticise this film on that regard is just annoying, and doesn't particularly carry much merit.

Agreed. That was my first question to my friend who started nagging about the 'hoaxy' nature of the film - "Did you watch the previous Indis?" When they answered "Of course" my next question was "Since you were older than 10? Rewatch them and tell me they were equally hoaxy." Take for what it is worth: an fictional action movie which is meant to be over the top and far fetched - just like the ones that came before. My opinion on it is that people have gotten so accustomed to the modern style of fiction that they can not find appreciation in this older, blatantly hoaxy style. With the deeply woven plots, elaborate special effects, ridiculously detailed story lines of today, throw back films like the new Indi seem "too fake" - which, IMHO, is exactly what Indi is supposed to be.
ndalazdayz
I really like the old feel of teh movie..keeping to its roots..
fish-in-a-dish
yeah i would have to say i didn't enjoy the latest indiana jones movie. You would have thought Spielberg and Lucas could have left sci fi out of it for once but they just had to bring aliens into it. Sigh.
fish-in-a-dish
but i found some parts hilarious like when Indi found out he had a son.
sondosia
The movie definitely wasn't "bad". It was a good movie, and even recaptured some of the magic of the older Indy movies. However, the plot - don't want to give spoilers here - is a bit TOO unrealistic this time. Granted, none of the movies were realistic, but this was kinda...weird.
Becckaw
I agree it was really unrealistic and then the ending was cheesy. I think that Shia Labeouf should of ended up with a girl too. Crying or Very sad
tony
lastelement0 wrote:
i heard that this was totally awful and not worth it to go see. for that reason im turned off from going to see it. i wasn't even interested in it at all to begin with. so with these reviews i've been hearing, despite the "rave" reviews one sees on the trailers on tv. indiana jones just never really struck me as my kind of movie with the whole old feel to it. im sure there are those of you that really enjoy the series and enjoyed this movie but im not one of them

Hrm.. I still haven't seen it, but I have certainly heard a lot more good about it than bad. I plan to watch it some day; I love the first 3.
mewmewlazlo
I'm no Indiana fan, althought I live in Indiana Laughing , but I like adventure type movies. Everyone I know says I should give it a try, and that I might like it. I'm no fan of movies, or even going to the movie theatre, and really do not see anything in Jones that would catch my attention.
flyfamilyguy
I Love the Indiana Jones Movies. Have not seen the newest one yet, but I expect that I will be disappointed a little. I never liked sequels who's characters were replaced by another actor.
taytay
pfff. Indi rocks!
silverdown
It was great in my opinion the dude is old and if he could do what he did in the first 3 movies I think he be bed ridden. At least he didn't let someone else take the part and tear up the role, then I would have be seriously disappointed and not have watched it. I also think the CGI (Computer Generated Imagery) kind of make it look bad, but now days that is all they use to save money. I will add it to my collection, and watch over and over. I just hope they stop at this one because, like someone said above it should be laid to rest.

Taytay the little Chinese boy was named "Short round" Very Happy

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE OR YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN! Unless you an Frihost staff then complain on! Cool Just don't ban me and take away my great hosting Laughing

I like it when MUTT found out Henry "Indiana" Jones JR was his father lol any kids worst nightmare Laughing
savagebeastkrew
I agree that the Indiana Jones movies are some of the best!

roxys_art wrote:
In my opinion, the Indiana Jones movies are some of the best movies I have ever seen. In fact, The Last Crusade is definitely my all time favorite movie.

Sean Connery and Harrison Ford have great father/son chemistry and makes for some very, very humorous moments. This movie has some of the greatest lines in it, and the movie itself flows very well.

Ahhh...I have watched the movie so much, I can probably recite it line-by-line. Some of my favorite lines from it are:

[Nazi Colonel Vogel is torturing Henry to get answers]
Colonel Vogel: Tell me about this miserable little diary of yours. The book is useless and yet you come all the way back to Berlin to get it. Why?
[he slaps Henry in the face with his glove]
Colonel Vogel: Why?
[he slaps him again]
Colonel Vogel: What are you hiding?
[he slaps him again]
Colonel Vogel: What does the diary tell you that it doesn't tell us?
[he tries to slap him again; Henry grabs his wrist, stopping him]
Professor Henry Jones: [through his teeth] It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!

[after using an umbrella to scare a flock of birds to fly into the engine and cockpit of an enemy plane after the Joneses]
Professor Henry Jones: I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky...

And then, one of my all-time favorite scenes:

[Indy and his father have stolen a plane from the airship, and are now being chased by German fighters]
Indiana Jones: Dad, you're going to have to use the machine gun. Get it ready!
[Henry turns around and gets the gun ready]
Indiana Jones: [spotting an approaching fighter] 11 o'clock! Dad, 11 o'clock!
Professor Henry Jones: [looking at his watch] What happens at 11 o'clock?
Indiana Jones: Nine (points to 9 o'clock), Ten (points to 10 o'clock), Eleven (points to 11 o'clock)...ELEVEN O'CLOCK!
[Henry starts to try and shoot the enemy planes. In the process of doing this he goes from right to left with the machine gun totally obliterating the tail of their own plane]
Indiana Jones: Dad, are we hit?
Professor Henry Jones: More or less. Son, I'm sorry..........they got us.

Haha. I could go on and on, but these are just some of my favorites. I would definitely recommend seeing the other three movies before you see the new one!
koolteenz
how does this movie effect US Russia relationships???
kerryworkman
deanhills wrote:
"...But not quite up to the very solid standards of earlier movies. ... Lacked authenticity."

I agree. I too am a fan of the earlier Indiana Jones movies, but this one left me dissapointed. It was poorly filmed, acted and written I don't know what else to say about it. They should have left the Indiana Jones fanchise alone.
metlec
I thing they cross the line with this movie. There are too many stunts that can not be done in real life (i mean too many)Smile

bye
Rebbbbb
I've heard many different views on the indiana jones movie. I heard it wasn't that great. But I also heard it was a very very good movie. I can't wait to actually get the chance to go see it Very Happy
bissoboa
deanhills wrote:
I am a great fan of the Indiana Jones movies. Also of Harrison Ford, in his earlier years. So could not wait to see his fourth movie "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Scull". Initially I was quite disappointed, as it was a totally different Harrison Ford. The Harrison Ford of the earlier Indiana Jones movies had more of the loner vibe, very well defined character, some aloofness, more adventure written into his features. The latest Harrison Ford has gone softer, more connected, not aloof anymore, less adventurous. I was however happy that he teamed up again with Karen Allen (Marion in the movie) and a brandnew son. Am a great fan of Karen's as well as Marion character in the movie. Bringing in a son was cute and touching. But not quite up to the very solid standards of earlier movies. Even the props, i.e. the enormous red ants, were almost plastic in comparison with the high standards of props of previous Indiana Jones series. Lacked authenticity.

what a pity! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I was really asking myself if the new film would have been beautiful as the others, and as so the character of the star that is older! Rolling Eyes
However it is not easy to renew past-years successes.
goodbye!
donnau
I actually really enjoyed the movie. Well except for the alien part which is just silly to me. But the fact that they stayed true to the reality that Indy is getting old was really enjoyable. I loved teh new son. Looks to me that this movie played the part of tying up loose ends and mostly introducing a "new" generation of Indy. I had to laugh when the son went to put Indy's hat on and Indy let him know real fast that he wasn't ready to pass it on yet Smile.
eday2010
Zaini711 wrote:
Even effect by ILM look kind of cheesy and ''old''. As a whole, Indiana latest is still okay but should have been better and more BANG ! Hardcore fan will be disappointed.

Maybe they were going for the old look. Did that never occur to you? Maybe they wasnted the effects to look similar to the old movies so that you would not be able t otell very easily that this last one was made 19 years after Last Crusade. I prefer that to what they did with Star Wars, making all the prequels looks extremely elaborate compared to the originals even though the prequels happened earlier. I thought Crystal Skull was excellent except for the whole far-fetched alien nonsense.
wolvmag
I think Indian Jones and Tomb Raider (Lara Croft) Would make one heck of a movie.. just a thought Smile
I mean think about it, really delve deep into their personalities. Don't you think they would make a great team? It'd prove for a few laughs no doubt.
Farqual
Ce film est super ! Je l'adore !
gr8inferno
still haven't seen it. . Sad
Mrs_Robota
stupid movie show lies about the culture of my country, show lies about geographic ubication.. Pancho villa talking quechua?? hahahaha Laughing yes i know is just a movie... but so stupid...
I am from Perú
gcaughill
deanhills wrote:
Initially I was quite disappointed, as it was a totally different Harrison Ford.

It would have had to be, the actor is way older and they cannot keep doing the same thing over and over. With the amount of time that has past since the previous movies, they would have needed to make it quite different.

I thought the movie was quite good until the alien/dimension shifters, that was too far fetched.

g
SHARPBALL
hey lets make a pol good or bad ore can you not do that

have't seen it if read your opinions i realy don't know is it good or bad or somthing between.
If someone can make the pol ... go start seting it up thx
bravesirrobin
I actually liked Indiana Jones 4. It has all the action and flare of the other Indy movies. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the giant ants and supernatural elements. Shia Leboeuf is a great actor, and expect to see him in every Steven Spielberg movie.
angelrateast
I heard its like 5 out of 10. Also heard sad to see MR. Ford getting old
kxgrunt
The previews for the movie looked good, I guess i'll second hand on seeing it, but im a fan of indiana jones. Best movie was raiders of the lost ark. I'm gonna go see it!!!
rhocutt
i liked the movie alot espicaly the ants Applause the sword fight in jungle ontop the jeep was pretty cool to but i didnt realy like to much the science fiction twist but it was still pretty good to me and ill buy it when it comes out.
gladius1978
I was never a huge fan of the Indiana Jones movies, but I always at least found them entertaining, so I ventured off with my girlfriend and her parents all fans of the movie. To say the least, after the movie we ALL walked away utterly dissappointed. Once we arrived home we popped in Raiders of the Lost Ark, and it became even more apparent at how bad the new Indiana Jones movie was. They just got so carried away with the actions scene and made them so unrealistic that they became laughable. The chase scene through the jungle...terrible it lasted about 4 times longer than it should have. Surviving a nuclear explosion by stepping in a refrigerator...are you kidding me. Those are just some of the scene that made the move not even remotely serious. I also found there to be a lack of cool booby traps, the ones that are a chain reaction of different gadgets that spawn more gizmos to react in various ways. Overall the movie lacked substance, especially knowing that Spielberg directed it...is he just losing his touch. I hope not. But he dropped the ball on this one.
gladius1978
Indy's son. This kid was just some little punk when he met his Dad. And then suddenly he's able to solve mysterious puzzles as well as Indy had. Didn't Indy study this kind of stuff his whole life, and go to college to study archaelogy and what not. And you can't just say its in Indy's son's blood. I don't bye that one bit.

Can you imagine Peytons Mannings son never throwing a football and one day while in college they ask him to play in a game and he throws four TD's and 400 yds. No way, even though the blood of the Mannings runs through him. You need practice/experience and need to study.
leflauntique
i was a fan of the indiana jones series, but with this latest movie to add to the other movies. the producers seem a bit desperate for cash. i heard from my friends that the movie really sucked, so i didnt even bother to watch the movie
rhocutt
the refrigerator scene is a myth. there are rumours about ppl pulling out everything in em and shuting the door durring a tornado. It might be posible he was pretty far away from the bomb so that most of the heat wouldnt have reached the refridgerator. If you were to go to Nagasaki (ww2 U.S. dropped a nuke on nagasaki) after the explosion you would still see some of buildings in bad shape but still there (if they were pretty far away from the center of the explosion).
McDucque
I dont care what others griped about with this movie. With the exception of having a bit too much CGI compared to the original trilogy, it still sits well with the rest of the movies. The overall theme didn't bother me and the action scenes were fun and intense, just like the original. People were stuck in the past when they viewed this new movie, had gripes with George Lucas, stuff like that. Plain and simple, its a good modern equivalent to a past classic.
AK47BLAZE
I heard the newest movie had it's good and bads. I have not yet seen it, and I may when it comes to DVD.

Any sugesstions on it?
swinburn
the latest indiana jones 2008 cannot be appreciated at all
i would give it may be 1 and a half star
i think he should retire
there s a scene in the movie where he has to save himself from a nuclear explosion
so he hides in a normal fridge and for some reason beyond my understanding
the fridge finds its way out of all danger
and he s completely safe
really dont get it
sergiypro
much older now?
how old is he?
jgilligan
I have to say this movie is absolutly awsome! I agree with previous posts though that to enjoy this movie you have to have seen the previous films as well!
knight30303
lol this was the wierdest movie ever!!!!!!!!! i expected it to be like an awesome tomb raider like movie but all the sudden there are aliens, and nuclear bombs and stuff like that lol, well anyways today im gonna go see batman i hope that movie is reall realy good Razz so ya guys, i love this forum site, i signed up today and it's pretty cool Razz its hard to make the frih or whatever that is Razz
nomadicadventure
Maybe its the fact that I saw it at the midnight showing but I definitely thought that it was worthwhile. Yes, it was a little bit cheesy, and yes there were aliens, but it was entertaining. I think that people sometimes lose sight of the fact that the point of a movie is to entertain. It was action packed and funny, and while it didn't follow the traditional Indiana Jones style it was worth my 10 dollars.
zzpeanut
is it nice? i haven watched it yet Razz
rheanna
His new movie was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! But I like the older ones! Love Indiana Jones! Espcially like the snake pit. LMAO!
flowerpower
I saw this movie some weeks ago. I was quite disappointed in fact. I think that the intrigue was not well developed. The characters too are not that interesting. That's the first Indiana Jones I watched and i would rate it only maybe 1 star or so Rolling Eyes the movie could have been better i guess. The quality of the images was reminiscent of old days, and that's nice. The atmosphere of the movie was appreciable too
jcvincent75
Hi. I watched all of the four movies of India Jones and the latest movie was - I should say - not that good. Well, compare to the previous movies, the fourth one just came out of nowhere. Where did they get the idea to have a skull of an alien as an artifact?

For me, I think that Indiana Jones is more effective when the artifact involve has a Biblical proportion. Well maybe not really biblical (just like that of The Temple of Doom) but I think an EARTHLY proportion. I was disappointed to see the skull. By the time I saw the shape of the skull, I said to myself 'What happened? Why did they thought that an alien artifact is a good choice for INDI 4?'.

Well, that's just what I noticed. One more thing, Indi should have used his whip a little more on that movie. 19 years in the making - 19 years of waiting and we never saw him used his whip more than once.

Anyway The Last Crusade is still the best Indiana Jones movie for me.

Cheers!
revani
Han Solo > Indiana Jones Very Happy I like Harrison Ford's Han Solo acting more than Indiana Jones.
marrs
Would learn to leave his masterpieces alone! Is to Indy what Phantom Menace was to Star Wars, only worse (and I never thought that would be possible). Aliens? A Spaceship? IT'S FRIKKEN INDY!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS (and go see Dark Knight instead)
deadswan
Yes I enjoyed his older films, but I didn't bother to see this one as I thought it just wouldn't be the same...

But I might have to give it a go anyway...

Think
polygon
What I really didn't like about this movie was the... how do I say this... unfitness of Indiana. In all the other movies, Hollywood depicted him tough enough to wrestle 5 nazis and win. Now, Hollywood put Indiana as a figure that seemed to be at the end. Yes, I guess that makes sense, giving that this is the end of the series, but I think it really took the action out of it all. Mad
schooldays
I thought it was good. I think a lot of the hardcore fans went into it expecting something impossibly good, and in reality it was just 'another Indiana Jones film'. And that wasn't something I had a problem with at all. I thought it was very well made, Harrison Ford was excellent and the script was quite good. Yes, at points it could be clunky and over-the-top, and at other points unremarkable, but it did a good job, and it's nothing like the mess they made with the new Star Wars films. I'd take Indiana Jones over any of the bland adventure we get in cinema today, whether he meets up to expectations or not.
littleladyluck
I went to the theatre to see this movie and I found it quite awful. not very interesting, quite a shallow storyline. I was really disappointed because I would hear people saying how they love Indiana Jones movies (old ones, I'm speaking of). But I had quite a good time though