Sumit it in a search engire or a trafic exchange program
Here are some general guidelines:
1. New sites are always the hardest to market. Instead of using a new domain, if you can buy an existing domain that has been around for 2+ years. It will make your marketing job easier.
2. Submitting your sites to search engines is useless. If you are doing a proper job promoting the site, the search engine spiders will find it anyways.
3. Concentrate on getting links to your site. MANY ways to do this, although many of them take a lot of time and effort.
a. Put great content on your site. Make your site as good as it can be, and everything else will be easier. In this case, people will automatically link to your site.
b. Search for sites that link to your competitors and then ask to be listed on those sites as well.
c. If you are stuck at the beginning, find sites that sell links for $1-$10 each. No per year, just pay once. You can do this only if you are having a hard time finding other links.
d. Get your site listed in major directories like DMOZ and Yahoo.
e. Find industry specific vertical search engines and directories and list there.
f. Find local sites and ask for links from them.
g. Write articles and have your url in them then send to article marketing sites.
4. Optimize your site for search engines. Title tags, headings, page text, meta description - make sure you are putting your sites keywords in those areas.
5. PPC search engines like Google Adwords. Great to get starting traffic for new sites, relatively cheap as long as you don't try to get #1 for all keywords.
Lots more but those are some basic starting points for you.
Why do a person wants people to visit his website? May be because he beleives that the users will find things here that they will need and will have fun on his site. Thus the first and best way to make your site attractive is to ad a good design and fill it with contents that are really interesting. Secondly, publisze your website by every way you can do. Advertise it on internet and on road side billboards and also optimize it for search engines. Than you can also add it manually to search engines but as you will already have good contents on your site there fore the search engine ranking will improve by itself.
I also find social networks very useful. SPecifically Facebook, Myspace. Start groups, send out messages..befriend a lot of people and get cracking! tell them about your site..believe it works!
first google ads
second you can post ads in forum
last but most important is your website must attractive.
Top of the list is to make sure you have a good name so that search engines can pick it up easy. One way is to check up on the Internet which Websites like yours are already there. Then to use a feature that has to do with keywords. FrontPage helps you with doing this, not sure what software you are using. The keywords make it easier for search engines to pick up on your Website. You can encourage people to e-mail you for further information, and also add further information through the option to download materials from your Website.