FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows will be splitted!!

takashiro
Have you heard about this?? The Harry Potter (I mean the movie) 7 will be splitted into 2 parts and the 1st part will be shown in 2010 and 2nd in 2011. I hope it will be a good film rather better than any one before. Very Happy
Genesiz
The most obvious question is at what point do they stop the first film. Do they stop it at a point of happiness, or sadness.

If anyone has any ideas as to where they might stop i'd be happy to know.
sondosia
This sounds like a good idea. I've always felt that only people who don't read the Harry Potter books can possibly enjoy the movies, since they basically leave out the vast majority of the plot and nuances.
Indyan
They actually announced it quite some time back. And I am definitely pleased. Not only are we going to have an extra Harry Potter movie, its also going to be more fun. I hated how they had to chop off so many good parts from Harry Potter and the Order of Pheonix. The last few books are actually too big to be properly adapted into a single movie. Harry Potter series will get the grand ending that it deserves.
Nutteloos
While I agree that some books are just too long to put in one movie, this feels like it has milking written all over it. I mean, last book in the series and they finally get around to splitting it up?

I think it's very possible to adapt a long book to movie dimensions, take a look at Lord of the Rings. Granted, the movie would be too long for young kids to watch if it's 3+ hours long so that's probably why they're splitting it.
crimson_aria
I'm very glad that they came up with this decision. there are many important parts in the book that must not be cut.
smspno
The very one thing that comes to my mind right now is that we will have to pay twice to see the movie Razz.
flowerpower
sondosia wrote:
This sounds like a good idea. I've always felt that only people who don't read the Harry Potter books can possibly enjoy the movies, since they basically leave out the vast majority of the plot and nuances.

yeah you're right sondosia. The only good thing about the movies is that you can get a (tangible) feel of the imaginative world of Harry Potter - i mean the infrastructure, the creatures, the environment, etc. I just hope that the idea of splitting Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows movie will be good.
hlavco
Was Deathly Hallows even the longest book? I forget.

I've only seen the first three movies. I guess I'll have to do some catching up. Maybe reread some of the older books, too.
georgeraias
omg i did'nt knew that!!!! Surprised
thx for the indo Wink
blk3
Is the Deathly Hallows the last book of the series? Btw how many movies have been made was if 5 or 6 already, I kinda loss track.
Nutteloos
smspno wrote:
The very one thing that comes to my mind right now is that we will have to pay twice to see the movie Razz.

Yea, this is really the only reason I see for splitting the movie. Cineasts rarely give a sh** about how complete the story will be.
ainieas
I guess its a good decision but like always I'd skip the movies cause I don't think the movies justify the books in any way. Of course its made a star out of Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, but I don't think I can enjoy the movies like the books. I mean there are many subtle jokes/incidences in the books that lose their meaning or are totally overlooked on the big scree. But anyways I do hope the final movies are something to talk about and that they come out within short span of each other cause I don't think anyone has the patience to wait - when it comes to Harry Potter Wink
Indyan
hlavco wrote:

I've only seen the first three movies. I guess I'll have to do some catching up. Maybe reread some of the older books, too.

No. I believe Order of Phenix (book 5) is the longest one.
nivre
yeah.. splitting them into 2 parts can help the movie to be more detailed. The movie may take hours to finish but don't they dare to cut some important parts from the book. I have been reading the books and the same time waiting for the movie. I also get a copy of each movie beginning from the Sorcerer's Stone to the Order of the Phoenix. Also, they have not yet put into movie the Half Blood Prince...we'll have to wait longer for it... but its worth waiting for.
Nutteloos
Indyan wrote:
hlavco wrote:

No. I believe Order of Phenix (book 5) is the longest one.

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed when 6 came out, that it was actually a lot thinner than 5. Never got around to reading the last two parts - maybe I should, sometime.
chartcentral
Thanks a lot for this information. Yes, the best way the movies could give justice to the book is to be split in two parts. Smile
adri
I knew this for a wile know and I find it good that the movie is split up in two parts because you will have a detailed end.

But how is the part going to end? In the middle? That's like weird. Razz Razz

Adri
zanzou
I honestly think this is a bad idea. They took OotP, a book that was significantly longer, and made it into one movie-- one that I enjoyed.

DH does NOT NEED two movies. They spent a HUGE chunk of the book sitting around camping, and that is /boring/.

I'm mostly worried about them making up incredibly stupid plots, since they seem to have no problems with adding material (see: HBP movie).
ongtw_boy
It's a great idea! They should have done this since Goblet of Fire! They've left out toooooo many gooood stuffs in Part 4 & 5!
driftingfe3s
Wow, they are milking the Harry Potter franchise as much as they can. Becuase I've never read the Harry Potter books i don't know if this is going to be good or bad. But if the moives are not boring then I won't complain!
gmmunion
I heard about this a month ago...
McDucque
Awful idea, just feels like a way to get more money out of the kids who want to see this movie. Also, with Guillermo del Toro attached to direct, its going to place WAY to much emphasis on visuals and whimsy to overshadow a pretty epic chain of events, potter-wise.

Hellboy 2 had the same problem, but it was still okay.
takashiro
smspno wrote:

I can't agree more!! But it's still worthy for us to pay more, in order to watch a more detailed movie. Very Happy
ispeak
Yes, this has been confirmed now and i suppose that it is all just for earning more money, nothing else. Though it is also evident that some changes to the original script will be made, it will be interesting to see and compare them....2011 is however a long time now!! letsjust hope that we discover something new.
zyd666
well , i can't stop waiting to those film Razz
but the game also good !
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry believes that Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape are up to something. Harry falls in love with Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister. Towards the end Professor Dumbledore and Harry face an army of Inferi and return to Hogwarts to find that Death Eaters have attacked. The film is due for release July 17, 2009.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry, Ron, and Hermione's quest to find all of Voldemort's remaining horcruxes begins. It is meant to be Harry's final year at Hogwarts but Voldemort's rise to power prevents him from attending. The trio undergo a long adventure to destroy Voldemort for the last time. The film will be split into two parts; the first part is due for release in November 19, 2010, the second part in May 2011.
msfuture
Wtf... thats the weard thing i every heard
I love all the Harry Potter movies and still want to see them all again.
WicCaesar
The first part may have a new name, and the second part may be The Deathly Hallows.