FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sending SMS messages

andyd34
I have a hp hw6910 ipaq, what i want to know is.

It it possible for a php form to communicate with this device to send an sms message.

If so does anyone know how to do it.
rvec
it's not possible if the device isn't connected to the server directly and the server can't execute commands to it. If it is connected to the server you could in theory send commands to it, but I have no idea how. Anyhow you can't use php itself to do that, and you have to use some other language or way to send the actual commands.
Star Wars Fanatic
I found a script here that does such a thing. http://sms.eric1207.com/sms.phps
Looks like they use the mail() function to send it through email.

Upon further investigation, it appears the script sends mail to teleflip.com, and from there I'm assuming the domain sends it via another method, because like said above, there is no way for php to directly send sms messages.

If you would like more scripts, you can search Google.

Looks like the exact way they do it is illustrated in this image (at least that server):

To do it on your own you would have to do something similar. Hook up a cell phone to your server, and allow php to interact with it in some way.
A far easier way would be to use the functions provided for on that page or others.
Agent ME
If you send a text message from your phone to an email address, it'll give you an email address for the phone, which is usually number@service-provider.com or so. Obviously it'll be different for each provider, so you'd need some means of looking up what provider a number is.
andyd34
Decided to go with

pollux1er
And if we use a CDMA Modem?
andyd34
What is a CDMA modem????