FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

take a look at the situation and help me plz

llama
Ok, so i have known this guy for a little more than a year now. We met online, at first just talked online for a year then we started talking on phone. Its been 3 months of talking on phone. I always thought that the guy liked me but one day when we were talking on phone he said that its not only me that he talks to but there are other girls that he talk to on phone.
He talks to me for about 1-2 hr everyday, before going to college, in college during break and while returning from college. We also talk sometimes when he's at home...so when does he get time to talk to other girls. He mentioned abt one girl to me that he talks to and i'm very sure he was not lying abt her. He shares everything with me. We always talk like friends and i think i'm in love with him, not sure though. now i don't know if he likes me or not. I have heard that if a guy likes a girl, he always treats her very well but in our case we totally talk like friends, teasing each other.
Now the question--- Does he like me? How do i know if he likes me?
I would really appreciate if you guys could help me with this.
Thanks
wumingsden
llama wrote:
Ok, so i have known this guy for a little more than a year now. We met online, at first just talked online for a year then we started talking on phone. Its been 3 months of talking on phone. I always thought that the guy liked me but one day when we were talking on phone he said that its not only me that he talks to but there are other girls that he talk to on phone.
He talks to me for about 1-2 hr everyday, before going to college, in college during break and while returning from college. We also talk sometimes when he's at home...so when does he get time to talk to other girls. He mentioned abt one girl to me that he talks to and i'm very sure he was not lying abt her. He shares everything with me. We always talk like friends and i think i'm in love with him, not sure though. now i don't know if he likes me or not. I have heard that if a guy likes a girl, he always treats her very well but in our case we totally talk like friends, teasing each other.
Now the question--- Does he like me? How do i know if he likes me?
I would really appreciate if you guys could help me with this.
Thanks

He may like you. But its only the idea of you that he will like, and not actually you. The same applies to you and your possible feelings for him. It may feel like love, but its not. I'm not judging, but I'm been there so can speak from experience.
The only way you'll know whether he likes (the idea of) you is by asking him. Guys don't usually tell girls that they like them.

Just ask him maybe?
llama
is there a way of indirectly asking him?
ssthanapati
just ask him if he is going out with sme1 or not. If the answer is kno ask him if he has any feelings for u and if he wud like 2 go out with u or not. We guys like 2 keep it plain and simple and not play mind games.
wumingsden
ssthanapati wrote:
just ask him if he is going out with sme1 or not. If the answer is kno ask him if he has any feelings for u and if he wud like 2 go out with u or not. We guys like 2 keep it plain and simple and not play mind games.

^ I second that.

But ask him whether he wants to meet up, not go out.
TrueFact
It is true that you both may like each other as just firends and nothing more... the same meaning wumingsden has mentioned before.

Sometimes things are so plain that we can NOT see the truth through... though it is quite obvious. I've been there once as well and thought myself falling in love but it wasn't... I ended to find out that we became something like best friends though we never met... Maybe this is the best thing about it... You never met before and never have anything to hide and you share everything without fear.

But, I never seen the opposite which may be your case... just my 2 cents...
molif
maybe... maybe not... hhaha...

just try not to be so into thinking about it.. it may kill you for no reason..
Klaw 2
Maybe not entirely true but, he wants to make you jealouss... ? some people do some stupid thing when they like someone, wich does the opposite from the intention. And now he is to stubborn to admit that he was trying to make you jealous.

However i don't know everything, you're a girl ask him him out what could possibly go wrong?
nigam
Time will really tell. Just wait and see if he will courted you or not. You will know a person if he really likes you by looking into his eyes and also, don't ask him if he likes you more than a friend because he might changed the way he sees and talks to you everyday. Let him talked first about his true feelings towards you.
Pochettino
That is dangerous, I myself will never go true internet and such or other to get a girl friend but I will talk true msn or such cause I feel more confy then, but I will never be straight on telling my feelings, if the girl won't wing me to it .....

And I'm an atractif guy, I just don't like beeing dumped ... or beeing waved off lol alto it only happend once in my life Very Happy but it sucks :s
jamesfox
Over the years I have met a lot of ladies over the internet. Looking back, I have never entertained the idea of actually dating any of them. I am not a trusting person and probably will never trust anyone over posts or IMs or even through emails. If I cant see it and touch it, it doesn't really exist. I am very closed minded I guess. I am now married though, to someone who I have known almost my whole life. (Small town).

If the guy is anything like me, then he is probably just wanting to stay friends. However, I realize that in todays world, I'm the minority. Most of the younger generations (Im only 26, but there are a couple generations that came after I did!) are very computer savvy and tend to allow that communication tool to build new relationships as we did with the telephone. Difference is, I guess, that in order to get a girl's phone number, you probably had to have met her already in person whereas the computers allow you to talk to anyone at anytime wherever. You really can't be sure who your talking to!
apple
How old are you? I noticed nobody asked that.

I would not recommend pursuing a relationship with someone you met online, yet I will point out that there have been many successful relationships that begun online (some of which I know personally)

If he told you that you're not the only girl he talks to that he met online, I think he said that to let you know that even tho you're good friends, you don't have like a claim to him.

I am sorry to say this and be the bearer of bad/negative info.

I am only raising these points cause I did not notice anyone else do it.

Let me tell you a true story, about myself...

about 10 years ago, I totally adored this guy with whom I was very close friends. We were like an unspoken couple and I just let it play out that way. then I realized (like you) I wanted to know where I stood with him, if he felt the same way etc.
I'd plan to ask him and I never would.

He has been married for the last 2 years and its only 2 months ago I worked up enough courage to tell him that I liked him so long ago.

His response shocked me...he asked me why I never told him, cause he felt the same way and he never said anything to me, cause he did not want to risk the friendship.

For me it worked out well as I am totally in love with my fiancee and the guy and I are still close friends.
-----------

my advice to you is to tell him. but sweety don't get your hopes up to high. prepare yourself for both possible responses.

I think its best to know where u stand, than to spend years or a lifetime wondering.
RubySlasher
Typical college-age guy. He's experimenting, trying to "find himself!" or some Byronic bullshit.

He can't possibly be taken seriously.
deanhills
I wonder how real a relationship can be if you have never really met on a face to face basis and gone out with one another. Most of it has to be fantasy as you are in one another's heads and not in real-life shared experiences. Possibly the phoning needs to develop into the next stage of meeting one another, or perhaps you need to connect up with other people? Perhaps you are getting too much into this guy. Do you know anything more about him? Why has he not seen you yet? Is he involved with someone else? As in my experience most guys phone girls that they are not involved with in order to get opinions about their relationships or perhaps this is a thrill when they are already in a relationship with someone else. Is this what he is doing? Maybe he then wants different things from the phone conversations than you do. Time to bale out? So many interesting people out there to meet. And life is short. Don't get fixated. If you have to puzzle about something like this, to the extent that you need to ask a question about it, guaranteed there has to be something that is not quite kosher about it. Your instincts are telling you something.
jcvincent75
Good day ma'am!

People can hide their true identity on the phone. You can be anyone on the phone. You can be a sweet guy, a nice guy on the phone but not in person. My point is, do not be misled by these kind of people. I hope this guy is not like anyone else on the Internet.

I think you should meet up with this guy (If that's possible). You can't tell if you like someone just by talking over the phone no matter how long have you been phone pals or chat mates. Meet up with him, try to know him personally. Through that, you might be able to know whether you like him or not.

The guy is friendly. That's what I think. Just be careful. You might get hurt one way or the other.

I hope my advice helped a little.

Regards.