FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

D&D?

zanzou
Any D&D or any other such game players?

A friend of mine needs advice on how to plan a quest, so I figured I'd see if I could find anyone with experience. :)
BlackroseDigitalDesigns
I am an experienced player and DM. I would love to assist you and your friend in any way he needs. Though I should mention only 3.x. I hate fourth edition with a passion and everything they have changed.
Cmink32
I have some knowledge of forth addition but as with Blackrose I really don't like the changes they have made with it. Knowledge of all other additions is pretty extensive except for 1st addition. Still can't seem to get my hand on any of the 1st addition stuff, it's just to damn expensive now a days.
ramzzhakim
I will admit I play, although I am a player not a DM. I roll with a Elf Ranger or a halfling Wizard... Yea sleep is mah fav spell though it pisses people off 'cause then they have to go and attack the monster instead of it comeing to them, but I like ver 4... What's wrong with it? Haha and MMM, thats the best Razz
dbershevits
I've never played the game, but I have read about it. It is supposed to be an amazing game that makes players think of their feet.
hlavco
I sometimes play an RPG with my friends. I am TERRIBLE at rolling dice. I botch, like, 1/5 of the time.
lifestyleprod
Whot is D&D?
TomGrey
I, too, am interested in what makes ver. 3.x better than 4.

But I haven't played for years, and was never the huge enthusiast. I'd like to maybe look into the scene -- but I guess that it's not the hot popular topic here.

Any recommendations for where more folk are more into it?
Bikerman
LOL, I'm amazed and secretly pleased that people are still playing DnD.
I was a keen player as a student (back in 1979) and had all the original Gary Gygax stuff - the Players Guide, The Dungeon Master's Guide, The Monster Manual etc.
(I must dig them out sometime as I'm sure they are worth a few bob now).

I thought that the advent of computer gaming might have killed-off the old dice based version but apparently not. Roll-on dudes and watch out for the Orcs.
lethaltriad
lifestyleprod wrote:
Whot is D&D?

It's Dungeons and Dragons
TomGrey
On the other hand, for macho die rolling, I've never met a game better than Titan:
a fantasy wargame monster slugathon.

Which can also be played by email, and even on the web at ACTS, warhose simulation, http://acts.warhorsesim.com/ttn.asp Titan.

Dice rolling is good in game playing. Our family now plays more Settlers of Cataan than Monopoly.
Zombie
i have the latest rulebooks i got them off ebay, but i dont have anyone to play d and d with and i dont really understand teh rules yet