FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Love Java

misterXY
Just wanted to say l love Java, it's the best programming language I've used so far Smile
xbcd
kinda love hate for me. love portablilty and platform support but hate memory hogging when used excessively, ex. running azureus 24x7 or java games. but w/e thats the price to pay for ULTIMATE compatibility i guess
andersonshatch
Having just completed a City & Guilds course in Java (not a very advanced one), I do like Java, but I find it annoying (having gotton used to VB) how much code is needed to create a button etc.... I ended up spending the majority of the time in the exam getting the GUI done; implementing the functionality was pretty easy, just the GUI took ages to get right.

Other than that though, I love how the programs can run on Mac, Windows & Linux and how the style of the buttons changes depending on the operating system, it's cool.
Peterssidan
Yes Java is a very powerful language and I like it too.

andersonshatch: Everything is hard when you new to it. Myself I find it quite easy to make a GUI in Java. a button is very easy to make not much code at all so I don't get you Wink
Code:

JButton b = new JButton("Klick here!");
add(b);
blk3
Have you tried Eclipse, its a development environment for Java. Much like a .NET environment for Visual Basic.
ThePolemistis
blk3 wrote:
Have you tried Eclipse, its a development environment for Java. Much like a .NET environment for Visual Basic.

Eclipse is awesomee... and although made on Java,,, is suprisingly fast
Peterssidan
ThePolemistis wrote:

Java is not like it was some years ago. Today Java is quite fast actually. Very Happy
jobincantony
humm.. quiet intresting...

I'm also working in JAVA. Not in J2EE, only j2me and some UI interfaces.

I have SCJP 5.0 certfication too..
uwdanny
Peterssidan wrote:
ThePolemistis wrote:

Java is not like it was some years ago. Today Java is quite fast actually. Very Happy

Nothing can beat vim edit.
Peterssidan
vim is a text editor? right? It's doesn't matter what tool you use to write your code. It the same compiler anyway.
s4nd33p
i am totally crazy about java. i love to program in it Very Happy
misterXY
Peterssidan wrote:
vim is a text editor? right? It's doesn't matter what tool you use to write your code. It the same compiler anyway.

Believe it is, i like using Textpad myself.