FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why am I here?

Would you be interested in Beta testing this proposed App. ?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Definitely Yes! This app can come in handy!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
No! This thing is a waste of time.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

petesam
Hello everyone,

I came across this forum looking for a place to trial-run one of my Applications on the Internet.

The application is meant to send messages to your friends across the Internet. Its a chat application basically...like yahoo messenger/googletalk.

The application sounds pretty redundant, right? It would be , except for the fact that the communication is anonymous. The sender and receiver are COMPLETELY untraceable for ANYONE. Even your own ISP cannot trace you. More on how this is done after I finish a few trial runs.

Looking forward to invite you all to the run the app., once it passes a few tests.

Petesam
(India)
Bockman
First of all, welcome.

Now regarding your software. Since you didn't explain any further, I'll post my view on this:

1 - We do not allow for scripts running on the background our servers, so, if you app is not peer-2-peer and needs a server side (like all those chat apps you referred) you will not be able to host it on our servers.

2 - An anonymous chat service is completely unnecessary for messaging friends. Which leaves this as a tool for spamming other people you don't even know, and that is not only illegal but it's forbidden on our servers.
Unless you mean it's untraceable for others (but the sender and receiver can both see who sent it), and honestly i don't see how it would be impossible to bypass ISP traces, considering you WILL have to pass through his network. For this you would have to have the entire service running from a website or so (and then we would fall into part 1 of my message)

If this isn't the case, fell free to detail the app further. If this is the case, we won't be able to host your app. Feel free though to use our service for other purposes. Just remember to check the ToS to see what you can or can't do.

Be Well Cool
petesam
Your views are deeply appreciated and I promise to go through the ToS carefully once again.

The app. is not intended for spamming...as the sender and receiver have to know each other. The overall idea is to breakdown the message into pieces and disburse these pieces randomly among the peers connected at the moment. These pieces finally converge at the intended recipient and are combined to form the message. You are anonymous in the sense that no one knows what message you sent and who you sent it to.

I do not intend running scripts on the server side.

Petesam
polly-gone
That could still be traced. If you want to route it through various people that are online, there would have to be some kind of predictable path that it would take or you would never get to the end point. And I am pretty sure that something like this can get you on a Patriot Act Watchlist if you live in the US.

-Nick Cool Cool Cool
Arnie
Sounds like text-only Freenet. Controversial.
nivinjoy
Anyway i wish you a warm welcome to the community...!! Have a nice stay...!!