FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Art of Learning

alexkrycek
Has anyone here read Josh Waitzkin's The Art of Learning? I just finished it and am trying to take his suggestions to heart. One of my hobbies is programming, which I started several months ago. Hopefully I'll be able to increase my level of skill after having read this book. But I was just interested in other people's reactions.
Afaceinthematrix
I haven't read the book, but I'm sure that it's excellent because Waitzkin wrote it. He's a very good teacher and he explains everything extremely well. He also much teach from experience, considering he's an international chessmaster, who beat a grandmaster at the age of 10 in an excellent game, and he's a martial arts champion.
wimpel2
I haven't read the book, but my mate says it is a great book.
I gonna buy that book soon!
But i need first my money Razz
deanhills
I have not read the book but hear it is quite impressive. Personally I find that I learn the most when there is humour involved. If I can laugh I seem to learn at a much greater speed. Wonder whether there are certain chemicals in the brain that are activated when one is laughing? Smile
ptolomeo
Learning is not an art but an exhausting excercise.