FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FireFox 3

dude_xyx
There are other threads about firefox but i just thought keep this one only for firefox 3 users and who want to use it. just to talk about what has improved , bugs still exists and also plugins problems.

Good things I have noticed are not memory leads seemed fixed so it works fast. Also Bookmarking system seems great hope it doesn't crash like in old version.

I just downloaded Firefox 3 RC1 .

01. Real Player browser record plugin still doesn't work.
02. Meta download express plugin doesn't work
03. Fast video Download plugin doesn't work
04. Del.icio.us plugin doesn't work

The worst thing is both video download plugins I had used are not working. Still I prefer to keep this version coz its simply better than the older version I just hope those plugins will be updated soon.
LukeakaDanish
Have you tried just disabling plugin compatibility checking and force enabling them? In my experience many non-bookmark plugins work just fine using this method...

(You do that by going to about:config and setting extensions.checkCompatibility to false btw)
dude_xyx
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Have you tried just disabling plugin compatibility checking and force enabling them? In my experience many non-bookmark plugins work just fine using this method...
(You do that by going to about:config and setting extensions.checkCompatibility to false btw)

Meta download express plugin is working now.

This version has disabled plugings automatically. when to about but there is no config option.

LukeakaDanish
dude_xyx wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Meta download express plugin is working now.

This version has disabled plugings automatically. when to about but there is no config option.

Nonono you got is wrong Smile

Type "about:config" in the status bar. Then right click --> new Boolean --> name: extensions.checkCompatability, value: false

That should do the job, there's no GUI version to change it...
welshsteve
I am using Firefox 3 RC1 now and quite a few of the addons I used are no longer working.

Firebug
Web Developer Toolbar
Dummy Lipsum

and the McAfee Site Advisor doesn't work properly either.

I also don't like the fact that the google search box is no longer present in the toolbar.
dude_xyx
Google search box is till there in toolbar (or at least in mine)

@ Danish, yup got it wrong, I'm looking to it.
badai
gmail won't load. not even the standard view.
Agent ME
If the Google Browser Sync plugin is updated to support Firefox 3, or I find a different plugin that can synchronize my bookmarks AND passwords, and encrypt them on the server so it can't see them, I'll upgrade to Firefox 3. Last time I tried FF3 it didn't let the Google Browser Sync plugin work, but I didn't try that method someone mentioned, but not sure that'd work.
dude_xyx
badai wrote:
gmail won't load. not even the standard view.

Its working here. Haven't had a problem with it since I installed Firefox 3.
Dennise
FF3 on new Dell running Vista Home Premium X64 w/AVG8 is so slow as to be useless ..... worse than dial-up.

IE7 on the same PC, same local network, same ISP is OK.

FF3 on an older Windows XP SP3 PC w/AVG8, same local network, same ISP is OK.

Bummer .............
weableandbob
I've been using it since it came out, and I haven't found a single bad thing about it Razz
Dennise
Dennise wrote:
FF3 on new Dell running Vista Home Premium X64 w/AVG8 is so slow as to be useless ..... worse than dial-up.

IE7 on the same PC, same local network, same ISP is OK.

FF3 on an older Windows XP SP3 PC w/AVG8, same local network, same ISP is OK.

Bummer .............

Comments withdrawn !!

The problem was a Linksys WIFI NIC that was compatible only with Vista X32 and NOT Vista X64. I can't explain the above symptoms, but a new Linksys USB WIFI adaptor, compatible with Vista X64 solved the problem.

Now ................ FF3 rocks !! Wink
CorCloud
You must remember that Firefox changes nonstop. They keep adding stuff and taking away stuff from firefox all the time. Most plugins are privately made, and not all update every day.
disasters
Firefox has become, I hope I will be in the future updates!