FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

filet
I get BSOD which show this message:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP
0X0000000A(0xFF1501F0,0x0000002,0x00000000,0x804D9F68)

when I start windows normally or last known good configuration and the blue screen appear when windows load until the desktop showed. and sometimes just right after the windows xp start up.

But I do not get the blue screen when windows load in safe mode.
LukeakaDanish
You have a driver problem.

I recommend uninstalling any devices you have newly installed, and updating all your drivers to the latest official versions available, then starting in non safe mode again.
AftershockVibe
Most likely graphics, so I'd start by changing that.
FunDa
I reinstalled when i got this error. Didn't know which driver - I don't even remember installing any new hardware or driver - but of course Windows does all theses things without asking you. Confused Anyway, let us know if that fixes the problem
swizzy
filet wrote:
I get BSOD which show this message:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP
0X0000000A(0xFF1501F0,0x0000002,0x00000000,0x804D9F68)

when I start windows normally or last known good configuration and the blue screen appear when windows load until the desktop showed. and sometimes just right after the windows xp start up.

But I do not get the blue screen when windows load in safe mode.

Post the last few lines, which show in which files the errors have occured, for eg. tcpip.sys...

Also try all generic tools like System Restore, Last Know Good Config., sfc, etc.
infinisa
Hello filet

If your PC boots OK in safe mode, it will probably boot OK with a Clean Boot as well.

To do this, using msconfig, see my post How to Run a Full Computer Backup or Virus Scan Efficiently.

If this is OK, you can use msconfig to gradually restore the services and startups you disabled in the clean boot (i.e. a few at at time), until you discover the software that's causing the problem.

Good luck!
AhmedA
i had the same error, it took me a while to figure out it was the wifi that caused that blue screen error message. I reinstalled windows without installing the wifi driver, & now it works fine. What helped me find out was, when i started my computer in "safe mode", it worked fine, when i started it in "safe mode with networking" (or whatever it is called, i have a french version), the same error msg appeared, so i realized it was either network card or wifi. when i reinstalled xp, the problem occurred only i after i installed the wifi driver.
computer works fine now, but no wifi
hope this helps.