FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About phpbb seo..

nivinjoy
Hi friends now i have set up a phpbb3 forum..and it is still under construction...!!

Recently i came across a site called www.phpbb-seo.com ..I just wanted to know what that site does...?? They have provided some download links..say some Mod packs..!!! What does these mods do..??

I read through their site and it is said they convert the forum URL in the form of viewtopic.php into topictitle.html... And they have something about .htaccess... I don't know what is that...!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

What is the benefit of doing this mod..?? Can anyone help me in doing this mod into my forum..ie, anyone those who have done this mod can you tell me how to do this...?? Please..!!

Hoping for a fast and positive reply...
rvec
you don't know what the mod does but you want it? Confused

The mod changes links to more search engine friendly links. That way search engines can better index your site.
nivinjoy
rvec wrote:
you don't know what the mod does but you want it? Confused

Ya if it is useful i need it..!!

rvec wrote:
The mod changes links to more search engine friendly links. That way search engines can better index your site.

So it is very useful right..?? So i would like to install this mod to my phpbb3 forum.. So which one do you say is the best out of the following...??

This One

Or This One

Or This

And can you tell me how to do this.. And also what is .htaccess..?? What should i do with that file..!!??