FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO friendly URL

shkhanal
I installed Joomla and operated fine. But the URL joomla displays is too more complex and never possible to remember. When I searched and found that on Global configuration of Joomla Administrator panel there is an option for SEO Frienndly URLs. After clicking it, a message came to rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess. I went to the control panel and renamed the file as was instructed. Now the links on my site are more readable such as http://www.studypark.site88.net/ blog/50/ something like this.

Now the problem is that when I click the link it does not open the page rather it says page not found.

Please, if anybody has knowledge about it, kindly suggest me, how to overcome this problem.
rvec
it's a different webhost. So they might have disabled .htaccess files or the rewrite function. Or your .htaccess file is not in the main joomla dir.
shkhanal
when I re rename the .htaccess to htaccess.txt and change the global preference of joomla to SEO friendly URL to No, everything is fine, but after I apply SEO friendly URL then there is problem. my .htaccess is on the main joomla folder.
rvec
then I think they don't have the mod_rewrite loaded. Could you make a php file and put this content in it:
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
shkhanal
might be you are right. Thank you. Thank you very much.
rvec
oh sry my edit was a bit too slow Razz

use the above script to see if they have the module loaded