FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The forbidden Kingdom

dude_xyx
How many of you watched movie " The forbidden Kingdom " ? Jacky Chan and Jet Lee acting together. Its good lot of action and funny too.
Idoru
Haven't seen it yet, but it's on the list... Our eigth-year old is very into martial arts, so that's why we're going to see it.
My wife is wondering, though, is it something for a boy his age? Laughing
So, you who've seen it, what do you think?
ddoonie
I recall jet li saying his last film he was going to be in was that other martial arts one 2 years ago or so... i forget the name (fearless comes to mind), but since has done like 3 more??? I am i the only one that remembers that in the ad for that movie? Ah well..
dude_xyx
Idoru wrote:
Haven't seen it yet, but it's on the list... Our eigth-year old is very into martial arts, so that's why we're going to see it.
My wife is wondering, though, is it something for a boy his age? Laughing
So, you who've seen it, what do you think?

Yeah its a family movie, nothing adult not even a kiss. Not much violence like in that movie "300". but has lot of action fights. Its a cool movie.
takashiro
Never seen it before. But I guess I can't understand it because it's directed by Zhang Yimou. The films directed by him are always hard to understand even I'm a Chinese too, like Director Zhang.
Idoru
dude_xyx wrote:

Yeah its a family movie, nothing adult not even a kiss. Not much violence like in that movie "300". but has lot of action fights. Its a cool movie.

Cool We have the same opinion of what is family movies! Smile
We watched it, and was bombarded with questions about samurais, martial arts, the orient, etc. Laughing
He was into karate, start training, before, and that didn't change... Wink
chartcentral
I have seen The Forbidden Kingdom and it was a very entertaining and enjoyable movie.

For those who haven't seen it, you should go watch the movie too! If it's no longer showing on your local cinemas though, you should wait for the original DVD to come out. Wink Smile
aningbo
the movie is good. the fighting action between jet li and jackie chan was awesome although they use a lot of ropes. the movie is a good 7/10
nivre
it was a good movie. the movie takes a 4 week extension here in our city. its very karate style too. like the actions and the story.
tempdbs
dude_xyx wrote:
How many of you watched movie " The forbidden Kingdom " ? Jacky Chan and Jet Lee acting together. Its good lot of action and funny too.

It was a great movie to watch...!

All the fun show from Jackie only... ( as he is the master of Action with Fun)
but a little bit disappointed with the F**king scenes between the two legends...
Such as pissing by Jetli on Jackie when he is striving to pray for water...!

Tha fight scene between the two legends was also great.

Then the hairy Chinky gal is a funny movement from the director... (to See)

Then rest of all the things are most accurate & keen to watch...

Regarding the Monkey king -- Not that much suited for the action legend.

Thats it...! Razz
tempdbs
forgotten to rate -

7 out of 10... What abt others ??
kiran_n444
Same as any Asian Flick

Corny Jokes

Some Good Fights

Bad Backdrops
KatanaSky
I've been wanting to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li make a movie together for YEARS - I finally got around to watching the film last night. IT WAS AWESOME!

I loved how they made it so anyone from any age group can enjoy it. It's not a serious martial arts movie like with Bruce Lee or anything ...and it's not like Rush Hour where some parents would probably want to censor their kids from... it was a funny, action-filled, touching, fun, impressive sort of film.

Like with any movie... I say just watch it to watch it, don't set expectations, don't guess what's going to happen, just enjoy what you see and have a laugh.
chi0
It hasn't come out in Japan yet. I can't wait to see it though!

ddoonie- I think Jet Li said after Fearless that that would be the last period piece he would do, because I think he didn't want to get typecast.
rhocutt
it was 8 out of 10 to me. i thought it was funny how jackie chan has to stay drunk in order to be imortal. how he would use his bottles to knock guards lol. this movie did not disapoint me.
billgertz
7/10 too.. I've seen it once..
jcvincent75
The Forbidden Kingdom. I like this movie. It's intended for people who love these action stars Jackie Chan and Jet Li. I missed Jackie Chan portraying an easy-going fellow who uses Drunken Fist. Jet Li is also good on that movie. I love the fight scene between Chan and Li.

Some people criticized the movie because almost all of its characters were Chinese and the language used was English. I think I agree with them. Maybe they should have use Chinese language in this movie. It was set in China and 95% of the cast were Chinese.

Overall I give The Forbidden Kingdom a rating of 7. Of course 10 for Chan and Li's fight scene.
lethaltriad
I would rate it as a 6.5/10. It's pretty much what I would expect from a collab like this with Jet Li and Jackie Chan i guese thats why my rating wasnt higher. Good action scenes as would be expected from them both. Jackie Chan of course delivered his character well and I had a few good laughs out of him being drunk lol
Psycho_X52
I'd rate it 6.5/10 too. It's nice, but I was expecting more from Jackie
e
t

The action scenes are good, but might been a bit better, considering the two masters.
Jackie Chan drunk reminds me of one of his first movies, "The drunken master". I was hoping that that "elixir" will make him a better fighter. I was expecting a little more fighting scenes because Jet Li was cast Smile .
A problem about this film might be that Michael Angarano (the seeker) resembles with Ted Jan Roberts, who played many characters that finish the same way.

About Yifei Liu... Applause

[edit]

The best part of the movie was when Jackie Chan's character managed to bring rain...
blk3
I'm kinda disappointed with this movie. I felt that both Jet Li and Jacky Chan's talents are a little underused. I'm sure they could come up with much better not to mention more realistic fighting scenes it this wasn't done Hollywood style. I kinda crave for the good old classic movies of Jet Li and Jacky Chan where the stunts and moves are more realistic.
Pikokola
It's turns to be good from me, Actually before watching it, I don't expect too much from it, just wants to see jackie-chan on stage again. But after the drunken fist, It's really brings enjoyments to me.

7.5/10 from me, not really great, but exceeds my expectations.
Also, I feel how the girl said "she" to refer herself is a bit awkward...
Vladalf
I have seen the movie a few moths ago. It's very funny and the battles are very nice too. I also love the music, landscapes and the story.
-Vladalf
dude_xyx
blk3 wrote:
I'm kinda disappointed with this movie. I felt that both Jet Li and Jacky Chan's talents are a little underused. I'm sure they could come up with much better not to mention more realistic fighting scenes it this wasn't done Hollywood style. I kinda crave for the good old classic movies of Jet Li and Jacky Chan where the stunts and moves are more realistic.

Reason for that is the story line is not about realistic world. Its more into those Chinese legends. It reminded me that old tv series "Monkey Magic". So it different from those usual Jakie Chans or Jet Lees movies.
mimic
I heard it was a great action movie wtih Jackie Chan vs Jet lee. I also read on IMDB that it is a english dubbed movie with some parts still in madarin which i do not like..but i am still eager to watch it. Sounds cool!
dickyzin
This is a really great movie. With Jackie in it, it can't go wrong with action and comedy. I agree that their kung fu and stunts could be better. I prefer to see real martial arts and not some camera effects like flying and jumping really hight, etc. I really miss Jackie Chan's stunts. Hope he's not getting too old for it.