FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who here likes Tool?

stiffler
Tool is pretty much in a category of their own in the music that they create. The Lateralus album is simply put, a masterpiece. There are so many little hidden things that it seems like it would have taken forever to put it all together.
outsyinsy
They are probably the only band in the Art Rock sub-genre (if there are others, please tell me Wink ).

Their music and videos were dark, and contained themes not normally tackled by other, more conventional musicians. Add to that a frontman with a voice more suited to more melodic (ie. balladeering?) music.

I love the band, and I even like the band Maynard Keenan put up, A Perfect Circle, which I think is a more mainstream band, though they've started to experiment on their 3rd album.
diablera
I always thought that Tool is much closer to the progressive rock rather than Art Rock. Sonic Youth (as long as i know) is Art Rock. I might be wrong, but that's exactly the way I know it...

And BTW, YES, of course, I love Tool. It is one of my fave bands ever... My fave album is AENIMA....

Cheers!!! Cool
icugaming
diablera wrote:
I always thought that Tool is much closer to the progressive rock rather than Art Rock. Sonic Youth (as long as i know) is Art Rock. I might be wrong, but that's exactly the way I know it...

And BTW, YES, of course, I love Tool. It is one of my fave bands ever... My fave album is AENIMA....

Cheers!!! Cool

Thank you, I was like "Tool? Art-rock? HAHAHA!"

Tool is just okay... nothing special.
anxiety1
yeh i like tool

AENIMA was very good albu,
twiztid
tool is my fav band... (pushit makes me cry Embarassed )
Slowhand
I live in the Netherlands, so maybe thats why I dont know the band... It sounds to be a nice band. Maybe it will come to my country soon. Very Happy