FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AwStats problem: How do you get this thing working??

eday2010
Yes, I did a search before posting.

Anyhow, two days ago I went into DirectAdmin to get AwStats to start giving me stats on my site. I read it takes 24 hours to kick in, so I left it. I read several threads and set AwStats to give me stats instead of Webalizer. However, I went into DirectAdmin, into Stat Control and clicked on my URL (www.wnstudios.ca) under "View stats with AWStats viewer". Then it asks me for a username and password. Uh, what? What username and password does it want? The one to log into DirectAdmin doesn't work, nor does leaving the fields empty. So what does it want from me? Is something not set up right?

Is there someone who knows how to get it working? Could you post Step-by-step instructions on how to do it? They would be a good addition to the FAG section or something as well Smile

Thanks!

Edit: When I try to password protect a directory, which AwStats seems to want, I get an error with this message:

Quote:
Unable to create the .htpasswd directory: Part of /domains/wnstudios.ca/.htpasswd/public_html isn't a directory (creating a directory in a file)

What? Would it be easier if I just set it up myself on my computer and uploaded it to my site myself?
eday2010
Bump.
mOrpheuS
eday2010 wrote:
Bump.

I'm on it ... I'm on it Shocked

Looks like a problem with the password protection part of DirectAdmin script.

However, I've been able to solve your problem by manually editing your .htaccess file. (it was pointing to/ trying to write to a non-existant .htpasswd file)

Check your PM Inbox for the login details for Awstats.

Edit your .htpasswd file manually (in the awstats directory) to set your new password.

p.s. - Do not use the password protection feature of DirectAdmin - it will mess up your .htaccess again.