FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

park on domains...

budazz
i've added a parkon domain...but its not working can you help me...is their any tutorials for this?...im testing the freedns.afraid.org...is that supported?... Smile thnks
Neus
uhm.. not 100% sure, but i think that shouold work.. did you just apply it? cause uh, you need to wait a day or two for proper dns propagations n what not before it will work properly... also you must make sure your domain is set to the frihost name servers... they are ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net ...

if thats all set, it should work.. but it will take a bit before it is all good to go...
budazz
thanks...il try that one...: )
budazz
i wanna clear things up....im really not sure about this dns...

does it mean that

if i have a website name example.frihost.net then
ive created a subdomain at freedns.afraid.org with a subdomain name
example.afrit.org...
it has a the same content from the example.frihost.net ?...

please explain this ....: ) Laughing
Neus
with a parked domain, yes... or should be...

my site with a friend is ylurself.frihost.net

however we bought and parked the domain

www.ylurself.com

you can still use ylurself.frihost.net, or www.ylurself.com..

they will be the same thing as long as the name servers are set up with the freedns people to the frihost ones, and you have your parked domain set up in cpanel

dns is domain name server, what it does is when you type a name into your browser, you check the web for a dns that will then translate that name into an ip adress and where withen the ip address your supposed to go...

a website still functions without a dns being up.. or if your waiting to propogate your name... thats why you can always access your site cpanel by going to 216.32.68.250:2082, which is the ip of the servre for frihost (well, unless the actual server is down too)

well that is about what i know of dns n such... and setting up parked domains...perhaps someone with better knolledge can help ya if your still not getting this to work...
budazz
thanks ive tested it and its working now i understand...: ) Idea