FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How create topic/reply

majiknight8
Is the quote button the only way to reply to a post. I am new to blogging and message boards. I started my own but am unsure how to post to some one elses question. I was interested in the super hero question. some one please help.
Bockman
I moved your post from the other topic in order to avoid mixing questions.

If you want to create a new topic about something (like for example this question) you just need to go to the forum you want to post the topic in and press the button available at the top and end of the forum you are going through.

When inside a topic and you want to reply (without quoting, that one you figured out) just use the button available at the bottom of the topic. (if you see a different button on the bottom of the topic, like it means it is not possible to reply in that topic)

If you have any more questions regarding using phpBB forums, just post a on this topic.

Be Well Cool
zellfaze
You can also use the button like you were, this is useful if you are trying to comment on a post made earlier, instead of commenting (or adding) on (to) the current discussion.
hdcruiser07
So the only way to post is to scroll to the bottom and use the post banner?
Bockman
hdcruiser07 wrote:
So the only way to post is to scroll to the bottom and use the post banner?

Exactly. That is also done that way for people to actually read the topic before posting. sometimes people just reply to the first post and most of the times there is already a similar post/question/explanation.

If you are interested in posting in a topic, you should be interested to read it (fully) also. So the post link should on the bottom of the page, where you will be when you finish reading the topic.

Be Well Cool
polly-gone
Here is also another little snippet that might be helpful. If you see that you made a mistake in a post, just go to that post and click EDIT which is right beside quote, and you can fix it. If you are the last person to post and you want to get rid of it, just press the little X near QUOTE.

-Nick Cool Cool Cool