FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lots of very odd drawings I made. (new ones added)

ocalhoun
I made all these drawings while being bored in electronics class. You'd think that this would decrease my grade, but it actually does the opposite, because it keeps me from sleeping, which would be worse.
But enough of that, on with the drawings!
Some are talented (the pencil ones), some are just crazy, but enjoy.

This one is some random stuff I was drawing just to play with a 3d look.

This one was when I was taking requests from classmates on what to draw. For some reason, they became obsessed with appliances.

This one I did for fun. I was surprised how well it turned out, even kind of funny.

I did this just to freak out people's minds with the skewed perspective.

This one is one of the craziest. I just kept adding more and more things to it.

This one is making fun of an expression the teacher used.

It is kind of sad that I can draw my old truck's engine from memory even though I sold it a while ago.

This is one of my favorites.

This one was also on the day that I was taking requests. I did this one in pencil though.

This is another rather crazy one; everyone was playing a stupid game in which if you looked at someone holding his hand like this below his waist, he got to punch you. I got several people by drawing it.

This is a fun picture of an octopus in pencil, but the table and tank are not done with proper perspective, even though I did have fun trying to show the refraction of the water.

This is possibly the best one I made, it took me hours.

This is the first one I did.

Someone drew toad off of mario cart. So, I had to do it better. I neglected to put him in a cart though, which they pointed out, so I fixed that.

This is just a crazy one, but it is interesting.

This was a fun pattern to make.

So, how do you like them?
LukeakaDanish
Hey,

I like your style - the flame/water droplet is incredibly cool, I may have to steal that idea from you Wink

A shame that the quality of the scans (or are they photographies?) isn't better

- Luke
ocalhoun
Yes, I used a camera to get them on the computer, and didn't put too much effort into making the photos perfect. I was rather disappointed in the way some of them came out.

... Stealing my idea... oh well, when you put it online, anybody can do anything with it.
Ghost Rider103
None of these images are working for me, they just show up as a red X.
singh.gurjeet
They are kinda nice.... I'd say they are sometimes a window into the artist's mind, and sometimes not...
catscratches
I really loved the 4th one.
LukeakaDanish
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
None of these images are working for me, they just show up as a red X.

Not loading for me either, atm
ddoonie
Worked for me.. you have quite the imagination! good job!
LukeakaDanish
ddoonie wrote:
Worked for me.. you have quite the imagination! good job!

yeh works again now....what kind of host are you using?
Ghost900
Interesting photo's some are very odd, or nearly all them them are.

I really like the one that you took four hours on, nice detail with the hills and grass, looks great.

There were a few others that I thought looked cool, nice drawings.

The one where you kept adding stuff to it is also an interesting one the way it is evolving, there are so many things that are going on in the picture. Very Happy

Great Drawings. Smile
Ghost Rider103
I still don't see the images Confused
ocalhoun
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I still don't see the images Confused

I can't figure out why... I have them on a normal web host, and other people can see them... Could it be going down a lot? It shouldn't, I've never had a problem with that at all, and I've never seen that host go down. It would be very unlikely that it would be down enough to be down every time you look at the photos.
catscratches
BTW, you got me on the hand thing, so now you can give me a virtual punch. (The idéa is great, I might use it on my classmates myself...)
ocalhoun
Had to change web servers for my paid account, but the pictures are back up now. More to come as soon as I get around to photographing them.
ocalhoun
I've made a few more, two in pen, two in pencil. These I think are for the most part better than the ones before.

First, here's one that I did while I was bored checking homework answers. I liked the free-flowing organic nature of the pattern.

Then I became rather enamored of that style of drawing, so I tried some other applications of similar shapes and lines. Here is the first:

I then switched to pencil. If you notice, you'll see I'm still experimenting with the same style.

I then used the same style to make a random shape, and asked classmates what that shape was. The best answer I got was 'alien spore', so I elaborated the drawing to make it that.
LukeakaDanish
Cool! The last too are really well drawn. Razz
Drawingguy
The technicality of the drawings aside, these are all really imaginative and fun to watch. And I think a lot of times, we forget about that side of art- the fun-ness, or whatever you'd like to call it.
deanhills
Well done. You really have a knack with the pencil. Did any of the lecture sink in? Smile

My favourite is the landscape.
kerryworkman
I like your new ones better. The image quality is also really improved. Nice work.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Well done. You really have a knack with the pencil. Did any of the lecture sink in? Smile

I'd say the lecture sunk in enough... I graduated the course with a 96%.
prithvi
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I'd say the lecture sunk in enough... I graduated the course with a 96%.

Wow, that's an allrounder.

You do have a style and concept.
Keep doing more.
Ghost900
The new ones are very nice, that alien one is very nice, as is the flower.

The underground beast thing is well drawn too with the fish being eaten.

Very creative and nice drawings with just a pen or pencil Smile
SHARPBALL
the new or better.

if you could repost the first becouse the are soooooooooo blurry

or maby i donts see goed
ocalhoun
SHARPBALL wrote:

if you could repost the first becouse the are soooooooooo blurry

or maby i donts see goed

I should have scanned them instead of photographing them with a mediocre camera.
milk
I liked the random shit.