FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URL in Title Tag

Phil
Just wanted a little feed back on something.
I've heard that putting the URL address of your web site in the title tag of your HTML document is a good practice -- that search engines can pick up your site easier.
Has anyone else here heard that or has some evidence that it's of no help?
Peterssidan
I have never heard about it and I don't think that it's true. The title tag is there to define the page title. What I have heard is that it's good to have keywords in the title tag (Not overdo).
filesharing
why should it help ? it's just like an headline for you website, a very short description for your website and should contain the most important keywords
google will not index your site faster, easier, better, .... blabla if you put your url there

the title tag is the most important meta-tag for search engines - and for users it shows up like
Quote:
Frihost - Free php hosting - Webhosting with php, ftp and mysql ----> this is the title tag
Frihost provides free web hosting with php, mysql and directadmin without advertisements.
The free php hosting is solid, reliable and fast and there is a ...

if you put there "www.frihost.com" - google would show this and you will get a better position if someone types "www.frihost.com" into google, but you will loose positons if people type"Webhosting with php, ftp and mysql"

putting the url in your title tag has no advantage
the-guide
I never heard something like that too, what I've heard is title tag should be main keywords of the page and the words that get searcher's attention like "Peterssidan" and "filesharing" have been mentioned.
manumiglani
this wont do any good