FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Team

truespeed
On phpbb3 it has a link to "the team" which is basically a list of all the mods and admins,wouldnt something like that be useful on here for newbies who maybe dont know who to contact privately should they need to.
wumingsden
truespeed wrote:
On phpbb3 it has a link to "the team" which is basically a list of all the mods and admins,wouldnt something like that be useful on here for newbies who maybe dont know who to contact privately should they need to.

I'm not going to state my opinion on whether it'll be a good idea or not ...

But this forum software, (phpBB2, modified) does have its staff members in special groups, and therefore they can be seen from the groupcp page, its just that Bondings has removed the link from the header to make space.
Also. Staff members colours (if we decide not to hide ourselves), are shown in a different colour to "ordinary" members.
mathiaus
http://www.frihost.com/about.php Wink

I think this page is even better!
truespeed
I wasnt aware you had created a usergroup,obviously as it wasnt linked up,but now i know i found it here.
wumingsden
mathiaus wrote:

Is it bad that I haven't even submitted mine yet? Embarassed

I didn't know whether to suggest it here, or to open a new thread, but seen as its related slightly...

Maybe it would be good if a userpic and links to PM a staff member was also included on the page, so it they wanted to contact a staff member it would be simple. Or just the username a link to their forum account would be even simpler?
truespeed
wumingsden wrote:

. Or just the username a link to their forum account would be even simpler?

I was going to suggest that,but i was busy when i made my reply,i think thats a good idea.
gh0stface
wumingsden wrote:
mathiaus wrote:

Is it bad that I haven't even submitted mine yet? Embarassed

Don't worry, I haven't either. All though I really hate writing "About Me"'s
rvec
for the mods who haven't made one: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-76688.html

Maybe put a link on our profiles to our part on the about page?
ocalhoun
mathiaus wrote:

Perhaps it would be better to put an obvious link to that though? This is the first time I've seen it, and how much time have I spent here? Will an annoyed 2-post member really be likely at all to find it?
Bockman
ocalhoun wrote:

Perhaps it would be better to put an obvious link to that though? This is the first time I've seen it, and how much time have I spent here? Will an annoyed 2-post member really be likely at all to find it?

And how long has it been since you've seen Frihost's front page? Most members usually get straight to the forums and the link is in the front page.
I admit it's a bit small, but it's there. I personally don't think this page should be given a bigger highlight, but I'll be reading about it here. Want to see your opinions.

Be Well Cool
truespeed
Bockman wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

And how long has it been since you've seen Frihost's front page? Most members usually get straight to the forums and the link is in the front page.
I admit it's a bit small, but it's there. I personally don't think this page should be given a bigger highlight, but I'll be reading about it here. Want to see your opinions.

Be Well Cool

It is also in the footer of the forum,the fact you didnt notice it,shows how invisable it is to people,having a prrominent place on the front page is pointless,it should be prominent on here.
Bockman
truespeed wrote:

It is also in the footer of the forum,the fact you didnt notice it,shows how invisable it is to people,having a prrominent place on the front page is pointless,it should be prominent on here.

Again, I don't feel we should make that page more prominent. There are A LOT of links I find more important than that one and we don't have room to get them all BIG (just set your screen to 800x600, or even 1024x768, and you'll see what I mean).

Be Well Cool
truespeed
Maybe a link next to "mark all forums read" which is similar in placement to where it is on phpbb3.