FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

fantastico included?

weableandbob
I'm thinking of putting up a forum for my website, and it's a lot easier to install SMF with fantastico, so I was wondering if frihost has fantastico loaded onto its servers (sorry if this is a really stupid question. I'm new to the world of web designing.)
rvec
we have on server 1. But you have to be quick because we could start putting new users on server 3 any time now (probably a week or 2).
tidruG
Installing SMF is not very difficult.

If you want, you could request help from one of our members. I think we also have a complete tutorial on it with pictures somewhere. In fact, I recommend installing it without the help of Fantastico. It gives you more control over the installation and stuff.
kitsrock
yeah. i believe there is a difference between convenience with and without experience.

if all you know how to do is one click install and something goes wrong, it takes a lot more time and effort to repair not only the problem, but also the complication to your userbase and what not the problem caused.

the problem and the complication can be minimized by installing something a few times manually, and thus gaining insight to what goes where and how the thing is run. after that, one click installers are awesome way to save time and effort.
weableandbob
ok, well that sounds fine. Anyone happen to know exactly where the tutorial is?
wumingsden
weableandbob wrote:
ok, well that sounds fine. Anyone happen to know exactly where the tutorial is?

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-84174.html&highlight=smf%2A

The search function is your friend Smile
takashiro
WOW!! Server 3 at last is going to be put into use!! It seems better than server 2 but I like the domain frih.net rather than frih.org
DjMilez
I like .org because it sounds a bit more professional.

Imo, .net is for websites that have a collection of sites.
tidruG
DjMilez wrote:
I like .org because it sounds a bit more professional.

Imo, .net is for websites that have a collection of sites.
I guess you're going by the extentions...
.NET -- Network
.ORG -- Organisation

The problem is that most people don't know and even more people don't really care. Generally when you try a domain, you try .com first.