FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Use a wordpress blog for main site page

truespeed
This would allow all the mods and admins to contribute news items about frihost. Everything else that is already on there could easily be included by creating pages.
mathiaus
Bondings wanted a static front page for many reasons. One is that if a problem occurs with PHP/MySQL no errors will show. It's also immune to exploits and the sort so the content is more controlled.

Its boring, but safe Smile
AftershockVibe
Wordpress is also a notorious resource hog. The phrase "wordpressed" is synonymous with "slashdotted" and means something along the lines of "under heavy load your server has melted into a smouldering puddle of molten plastic".
nivinjoy
Whtever you use just the presentation should be attractive...!! That's it...!!!
Peterssidan
If it is like now, a static page, there is no need to use wordpress or similar. If you think it's boring it's possible to make static pages good looking too Razz
rvec
also bondings is working on/will work on/is planning to work on a staff blog just like the normal blogs. Maybe there could be a block on the frontpage with the latest items.
polly-gone
Wordpress seems like a bad idea. I am running 3 Wordpresses on my hosting account using the same DB, and it likes to meltdown and explode. Everyone once and awhile, I hear an explosion come from [location of FRIhost severs]. If any blogs should be put in our boring front page, they should be in the style of the FRIhost blogs.

-Nick Razz Razz Razz
simplyw00x
I use wordpress and it's not an huge resource problem, but for the front page of Frihsto (which is essetially and "about" page), there's simply no need for that level of dynamic content.