FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wierd scenario to consider...maybe it happened with you??

llama
Do you all think that someone fall in love with a person he/she met online? Imagine they are in touch for a little over an year on internet first and then on phone. They talk daily and have only seen each other's pics.
Is this something someone can relate to or comment on?
c'tair
Well, from my experience I see that you cant build a relationship, a lasting relationship without physical contact. If you can then try, but dont be sad when it doesnt work out. I think people need someone to hug and kiss, and it's pretty damn hard to do that through a copper wire.

What youre talking about might be an emotional tie, but a really close relationship requires ... everything, more than just emotions. Commitment, passion etc. It's hard to ocnvery them through the net.
Bluedoll
This happens quiet alot actually. I've know a few people that married and are still together and others that see each other.

It all depends on the person(s) but generally I would say that love is possible online. If you look at communication before computers and even going back centuries people would develop relationships through letters. The internet does have a lot of risks though and I would recommend to anyone to use extreme caution.

As for my own personal outlook, I tend to keep online things online and real life things there. However not everyone is able to do that or even look at things that way. We all tend to look at love anywhere as well differently. Values and definitions vary from person to person so communication is really nessassary.

All said and done I guess love has no barriers.

That is my viewpoint anyways.

Rolling Eyes
nivinjoy
You know that Love is blind...!! It can happen in anyways...!!!
Peterssidan
It's possible to fall in love online but it is a huge different between meeting online and in real life. It's hard or impossible to know how the person is in real life.
James_Hicks
It is possible but it can die once you two live together. Living habits can turn off the other even if you two see eye to eye on issues. I use to move in a girl I just met to learn if I could tolerate her for the rest of my life ( or if she could tolerate me). Through trial and error and a lot of broken hearts, I found one. Now, eight years later, I want out. She drives me batty. But I love her and my kids.

So falling in love online is possible but doesn't mean it'll work out in real life. Once they have to put up with you daily it's a whole different ballgame.
roflcopta
Meeting people over the internet is the most corny thing to think of.
roflcopta
Sooo close
ssthanapati
llama wrote:
Do you all think that someone fall in love with a person he/she met online? Imagine they are in touch for a little over an year on internet first and then on phone. They talk daily and have only seen each other's pics.
Is this something someone can relate to or comment on?

I can relate.... met the girl over internet... then talked on phone... and this continued for over 3 yrs... then got a chance 2 meet her in real life.... and everything was going fine.... But it didnt work out due to some reasons which were beyond our control... neways thats a different story
missdixy
I met my current long-term boyfriend online, and while there was a huge attraction at first and great feelings for each other, I don't think we actually LOVED each other until we met face to face. It's hard for me to decide if you can REALLY love someone without meeting them physically. Maybe you can, and it's just a different type of love.