FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gmail

Tony The Tiger
I use the archive feature of Gmail regularly. What happens when I accidentally archive an email before I have attached it to a valid label.
badai
like all archived conversation, it just won't be display in your inbox.

label is for marking.
Klaw 2
look it up in archive or just use the search option.
Tony The Tiger
badai wrote:
like all archived conversation, it just won't be display in your inbox.

label is for marking.

I understand it won't be in my inbox. The question is where does it go? How can I find such a conversation? How can I attach a label to it after the fact?
Tony The Tiger
Klaw 2 wrote:
look it up in archive or just use the search option.

I am not sure what you are instructing me to do as far as archive goes. I do undesrtand how to use the search option though. Once I search, can I label multiple conversations at once?
badai
gmail tag line: search, don't sort.

you need to search "the lost" e-mail, and when you find it, you can assign label to it. i think it will also label the whole conversation.
surdy
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I use the archive feature of Gmail regularly. What happens when I accidentally archive an email before I have attached it to a valid label.

No problem !! Click on the All Mails link and you can find your mail. You can also do an advanced search to find this mail. and once you find it you can sweetly un-archive or label it.

hope this helps
singh.gurjeet
use custom search like:

in:all -in:inbox -in:mylabel1 -in:mylabel2

and so on. Do remember to include all your labels in the -in: list.

After you find the message(s) that are not labeled, and that are not in any of the standard folders (labels), you can label them, or 'move to inbox'
TomGrey
This is good on labels and searching.

But how can I have some threads automatically get a label? I sort of use labels instead of folders, and it would be easier to have some done automatically.
singh.gurjeet
TomGrey wrote:
This is good on labels and searching.

But how can I have some threads automatically get a label? I sort of use labels instead of folders, and it would be easier to have some done automatically.

Create a new label, and then go to Settings > Filters, and set up a filter per your custom criterion.
cvkien
if you accidentally get archive an email in GMAIL, you can get back your mail at all mail. in that options, you'll find all archive mails and spams in that folder. Gmail is a very good mail and so far, i had no regret using it. so far, gmail is the best for me.
s4nd33p
Gmail is one of the most powerful and featureful email system available on the net.
I have several email accounts but one on the gmail is best and i mostly used that in my day to day life
MetalWolf92
GMail is awesome. I used to use Yahoo, but now I use GMail. I think it is a lot more professional and organized. Wink
Tony The Tiger
Thanks for all the responses.