FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cheeky little :@

Zuex
I used to own the domain "Zuex.net" the word Zuex has NO meaning at all, i just made it up, and decided to keep it as a little tag for myself, i brought the domain for a year and just experimented with different scripting languages, i ran a radio station for a while, went very successful, ran a habbohotel fansite, and now, a stupid company thingy has brought the domain?!
Whats up with that? Does that mean i was doing something good for them to be bothered to buy it :S?
Its just weird, i mean they don't need it in any way, anyone want to clear it up for me why they would waste money on a domain that probably wouldn't be visited by anyone anymore?
mathiaus
They automatically buy domains. They buy domains that have just expired and domains that been lookup from sellers. They then either put ads on the page so everyone who would've gone hits the ads and then they get money, or they sell the domain.
I think in your case, their either hoping you want the domains so badly you'll pay a high price for it or that it will get a lot of hits and make them money from ads.
Zuex
mathiaus wrote:
They automatically buy domains. They buy domains that have just expired and domains that been lookup from sellers. They then either put ads on the page so everyone who would've gone hits the ads and then they get money, or they sell the domain.
I think in your case, their either hoping you want the domains so badly you'll pay a high price for it or that it will get a lot of hits and make them money from ads.

LOL - Thanks alot for the reply, but i hope they make no money, and it turns out to be a loss for them.
Very Happy
mathiaus
Me too. I'm fed up of visiting websites which no longer exist and seeing them.

They also register domains which look the same such as gooogle.com so that they get hits from people who mistype it.

I remember a petition once to ban that practice. In reality though it couldn't happen without one large bureaucratic internet agency which all countries agree to have rule over them.
Zuex
Lol, i remember when i first got my PC back in 2004, a month later i got an internet connection and went to www.goggle.co.uk and kept wondering why it didnt look like the one in school (Google) Rolling Eyes
It's just abit gay that they make money from people mistyping or wanting their domain name back, pathetic way of making money..