FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php mail(); problem... half fixed?

fpwebs
Ok well I've always had this problem for the last couple of months where the php mail(); function didn't work for whatever reason. Along with that the WebMail on Cpanel also didn't work. However, after messing with the MX settings for the domain and the E-mail authentication I got it to work sort of. I was able to use the mail() function to send to my address diabolus_ira@yahoo.com successfully, however when I tried to send it to my other domain that I use parked at my web site it doesn't send. I did trace route to see if I can send to my domain but it came up as a failure. I got the majority of it to work, just I can't send it to my domain. My theory is that I don't have the domain set up right in the MX settings, I'll try to get that fixed, but if anyone knows a quick fix right now it would be helpful.
fpwebs
Well I'm still able to use mail(); php function to send to diabolus_ira@yahoo.com (outside domain) but I'm still not able to send to myusername@thegardenofstone.com (the mail domain e-mail) I'm using Google G-Mail for my domain name service that I used GoDaddy.com to set up. The domain name is parked to my CPanel on Server 1. The MX Entry for thegardenofstone.com looks like the following:

0 thegardenofstone.com
10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
20 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
30 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM

(always accept - yes)

and before I trace routed (e-mail delivery route) to diabolus_ira@yahoo.com, and it worked successfully and gave me the correct route. Then I traced myusername@thegardenofstone.com and I had a complete failure (the red box and failure). And still when I trace route it I get the same error message. I can send mail from the account and receive mail likewise but I can't trace route nor can I send something via php mail(); function. The error is:

myusername@thegardenofstone.com
virtual_aliases via virtual_aliases router forced address failure

So now that's my current problem and I would like to know a fix. I'm sure if I spent enough time on it I could figure one out, but currently I am going to bed so I do not have anytime. Please reply to this with a fix!!!
fpwebs
I still can't get it to work, and I have the same problem appearing when I trace route myusername@thegardenofstone.com. Please note that myusername@thegardenofstone.com doesn't exist, but I'm just using it as the example currently. The last thing that I've done was update the MX Entry a little for the domain thegardenofstone.com and here is what's new:

0 thegardenofstone.com
10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
20 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
30 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
40 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
50 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM

(always accept - no)

I've tried to change the always accept to yes and no, but that doesn't seem to have a affect on it at all. I would really like some help with this problem since I've never really done mail with a domain name before. I can send and receive e-mail just fine through the G-mail server but when it comes to having the PHP mail(); function send anything to that e-mail it doesn't work. It sends to my yahoo e-mail diabolus_ira@yahoo.com but I still can't get the myusername@thegardenofstone.com

Please help!!!
fpwebs
Ok nevermind, I fixed the problem by NOT using google business G-mail. Now my php mail(); function works and my web mail works just fine! It's a good thing though finally, but yeah. Forget about this post, close it, do whatever you want since it's pointless to exist anymore.