FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uh-Oh, Out of PHP Memory

LostOverThere
Whenever I try and enter my blog I get a really strange error message.

Cheese Media Blog wrote:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 4456448) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/<username>/public_html/newsblog/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 553

Is there anyway to clear some of the old memory? I got this error after saving a half-finished blog post.

My blog can be found Here.

Thanks in advance,
-LostOverThere
DjMilez
I've seen that error on a few sites located here aswell.
kody
I just started seeing this same error today! Only happens when trying to log in to my site (Drupal 6.2 based).

Glad to see other people are having the same problem though. I never know if it's something that I've done to screw up my site, or something that's changed on the server.

Anyone got a fix?
LostOverThere
kody wrote:
I just started seeing this same error today! Only happens when trying to log in to my site (Drupal 6.2 based).

Glad to see other people are having the same problem though. I never know if it's something that I've done to screw up my site, or something that's changed on the server.

I know what you mean, it just randomly stopped working for me. I was working on a blog entry, clicked save a boom! Error. Sad
Helios
I have the same issue with my phpBB3 forum.

I have no idea what's going on. I'll try to inform Bondings (unless someone does that before me) as soon as I see him.
janeaustenfanfics
It is happenning with my site.

I've read about the same problem at another host and it was due to changes at the server.

I've tried to change the htaccess as that was recommended, but it was useless.

All I can do is waiting...
richard270384
It sounds unrelated, but I have recieved this error if I run an infinite loop
LostOverThere
I might add, naturally my forum is also suffering from the same issue.
leontius
I also got the error, running Drupal 6.2... it is outrageous if we are only allowed to allocate 5 MB of memory, that won't be enough for anything fancy...
Bondings
It was probably a but in php or cpanel. I upgraded cpanel and php to the latest versions and it seems like the problem is solved.

Could you please all check that your websites are working fine again?
kody
Quote:
Could you please all check that your websites are working fine again?

Works fine for me now! The 3rd party referencing and the php stuff, all works! Woohoo! Now... don't touch that server! Wink
Helios
So far everything seems to work.

I'll leave this page open, just in case somebody else gets this error message again.
LostOverThere
My forum and blog are back up, thank-you Bondings for your support. Smile
kody
YES! Thank you very much Bondings!

Forgot to mention that before...
takashiro
Luckily, I have never met the problem. But sometimes I can't access my site. And a few seconds later, I can again.