FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cheapest gas prices

Liu
For those living in the United States, I thought I might share this:

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

Although our gas prices are still remarkably cheap compared to many other countries (I think highest is something like $18+ / gal), we're still not used to paying this much.
James_Hicks
Where I am is relatively low. Like $3.75/ gal in Kentucky, USA. Our capitalist ways have caught up with us. Time for reform.
Afaceinthematrix
There's a balance with finding cheap gas prices. Many people go out of their way searching for a gas station with cheaper gas not realizing that they're probably burning more than they're saving.
Insanity
People should probably just start taking this as a wake up call. Oil is running out and we should just take this as a sign to drive less and look for more alternatives. Maybe instead of worrying and complaining so much about rising gas prices, we should instead look for alternatives.
HamsterMan
Insanity wrote:
People should probably just start taking this as a wake up call. Oil is running out and we should just take this as a sign to drive less and look for more alternatives. Maybe instead of worrying and complaining so much about rising gas prices, we should instead look for alternatives.

Hopefully we'll find even more oil deposits now. This is not the first time we thought peak oil was reached.
Seiji
I don't drive yet but I know its effecting a lot of people. Gas around here is about $3.30/gal. I'm not looking forward to getting a car but whenever I do get one, looks like it will cost me almost everything.
nilsmo
Well in Sweden the gas prices are a whole lot higher than in the US. So Americans should put on a happy face Smile
doppleganger
yippeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

i am based in kuwait where water, cola u name it is expensive as compared to gas

so dat way I can say we are very lucky
standready
Cheapest here is $3.89 My bicycleand shoes are getting a workout whenever possible.
Liu
HamsterMan wrote:

Hopefully we'll find even more oil deposits now. This is not the first time we thought peak oil was reached.

The US is pretty much draining their resources dry - hence either man up and pay high for overseas. Or go out and conquer.
jsymac
We have to pay around £1.10 - 1.15 a litre Sad
czc587
Yesterday I found a station that sold premium for 3.99/gal. These gas prices are crazy and there is no real reason for it other than greed of those controlling the supply.
webpagist81884
Some day i hope gas prices drop back to $2.00.
Bluedoll
Dear Buddy,

It is funny to think that the product gas e line was once considered a by-product and burned off as waste. Crude oil was at one time a real undesireable as it bubbled up from the ground to ruin crops in Texas. Now we pay for something large that is affecting our health and the way we live in a negitive way.

How about raising the price to where no one wants it anymore and at the same time coming up with better forms of energy that are cleaner, different life styles that we really like and smarter ways to accomplish something?

Some people say it can't be done. Think about it and you will find a way.

It is something like a person wanting to feel good about stuff and change thier state of mind. . . . . So they grab a cig!!!

There is a better way, we just have to want it.

The price of happyness and prosperity is high but should not revolve around gas prices don't you think?

Yes, my american friend, feel good that your country is not that bad off compared to others in regards to gas prices but consider what is really best for America, the home we love too?

a friend from the northland

Smile
Andrew426
Insanity wrote:

Oils not running out. Thats total bollocks - and just propoganda to justify raising of oil prices.
Canada has huge amounts of oilsands, that are only recently beginning to be processed and refined. America has huge amounts of oil underneith it, as does siberia. Antarcta has even more - but its a world park so untill extreme directional drilling tequniques are developed, noone can get to them.
a.Bird
Is the oil really just "running out", or are oil companies also taking advantage of the fact that almost every single one of us is dependent on gasoline (crude oil)? Don't forget that even if you aren't filling up your gas tank for x amount of dollars per gallon, the trucks that deliver our groceries to supermarkets before we buy them are paying for these soaring gasoline prices. What do these food/delivery companies do to keep up with it? They charge us more for the goods they ship and we buy. We're all connected to crude oil and the crude oil companies know it.

Start car pooling. Start utilizing your local public transits. Start riding a bike- it's warm enough outside for most of us and for a five minute bike ride to the grocery store, there's no reason not to. Start growing your own vegetables while the season is just beginning- if you don't think you can because of limited/no outdoor space, here's a site on urban gardening, and there's many more to be found by simply searching for "urban gardening". Idea
SpellcasterDX
Gas prices are relatively cheap here, although of course they're higher than what we're used to.

It sucks that oil/gas companies are taking advantages of us because they know we NEED the crude oil.
raine dragon
$3.75 is the cheapest you are going to find Regular here in Maryland, USA. Plus is at least $3.90 and Premium is $3.99.9. Diesel is $4.60 at best.
Liu
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Gas prices are relatively cheap here, although of course they're higher than what we're used to.

It sucks that oil/gas companies are taking advantages of us because they know we NEED the crude oil.

It's hard to say they are -- USA gas prices are really cheap compared to other countries. There has been a lot of talk about supply and demand. They very well may be telling the truth, it's just that we use them as scape goats and blame them for everything.
HIPHOP
gas in the US is getting so expensive. Driving a big V8 machine does no help. It guzzles gas like crazy. I wonder how high its going to get. The good thing is ive not been going out much lately so i guess its cool. For now!!
ankitdatashn
well bluedoll nice long message, by the way was that sarcastic or informational Wink

For my part I would say we should try to find as much alternatives as possible to petrol as possible, In India some people used a plant whose oil is used as petrol, they plant's name is Japtha I guess or I may be wrong. Also solar and wind energy should be used to the maxx. I like the renewable energy like hell, I even tried to make a windmill, gathered information about it but could not find the strong magnet for it, although got rotors for it.

But as far as price of petrol is concerned, here it is something about 52 Rs. a litre or 5$ a gallon, that is costly,

could anyone tell the price of petrol in kuwait, I am too eager to know that????
coolclay
We are running out of reachable oil thats an undeniable fact. Even if new technologies are discovered that'll just buy us more time to pollute the world, until we run out again. I hope gas prices reach $10/gallon, that way people will be forced to wake up, and change there ways.
ptfrances
I would to know where are the cheapest prices of gas in the world...
Somebody could give me an answer ?

Arrow
Liu
ptfrances wrote:
I would to know where are the cheapest prices of gas in the world...
Somebody could give me an answer ?

Arrow

Here is the list of gas prices from around the world:
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/
jsk02a
It's funny, people think the rising gas prices are due to the fact that oil is running out.

There are VAST oceans of oil under us that have yet to be tapped in to...the U.S. Oil Reserve is 98% full (and they keep filling it...I have no idea why).

The rising prices? Politics and oil companies that want to keep their "profit margin" the same...even though they are posting record-breaking profits this year they can't stand to lose a little money like every other company due to the fact that the price per barrel is dictated by our foreign dependence on it and those countries that own it.

Alternative fuels? Fail. There will have to be a federal effort to establish new alternative fuel laws and keep the current oil companies from diluting that market.
Bluedoll
My message before was little of both ankitdatshn.

Did not know about there still being so much unattainable or at least difficult to get oil deep underneath the earth. It would be interesting to examine the amount of oil being used now and a projection of the needs for the future compared to the supply. A simple little graph would be useful I guess.

Prices I am beginning to understand now do not always reflect simple supply and demand.

This post has been very informative and thought provoking for me and I like the different points of view.

Ok, cheaper oil prices, lets categorize everything in the world under three things, manufacturing, transportation and communication - then determine what we need or do not need oil for and if there is a alternative solution to our current problem.

We know oil prices effect everything from work to life style, living conditions. If you are a very oil dependent country or person, we will get affected more than if you are not.

Maybe, I will buy an island make pretty little drinks out of coconut’s, walk everywhere I go and tell everyone I encounter to ‘sail’ over and join my party. Very Happy