FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Intel Processor is Everyone getting

Possum
Hi

What is the most popular economic Intel Processor that everyone is getting nowadays

Cheers Possum..
Donutey
Possum wrote:
Hi

What is the most popular economic Intel Processor that everyone is getting nowadays

Cheers Possum..

Whatever is in your price range. Unless you are video editing, encoding music/movies, a Core 2 Duo is what you want. If you are editing/encoding get the quad. Intel processor's performance scales pretty well with price (except in the very high range), so once again, choose the one that fits your budget.
aningbo
its ur budget buddy... get the latest one if u got cash else core2duo 2.0 is what people seems to be buying...

if you are going to use it for simple purposes then a PIV or a dual core would do with about 512MB RAM
kansloos
When shopping budget class I would recommend AMD instead of Intel
riyadh
if u r a hardcore gamer like me then buy the Core 2 Quad core processors.they rock.i played a lot of games in machines which house them in the 2008 WCG Nationals and they are awesome.but if you are a graphics designer or a video editor or a sound engineer then go for the Core 2 Duo
Guelila
I have Intel's Core 2 Duo 3.0 CPU in my desktop, and I think it's great.
It handles most everyday operations very well. (Gaming, photoshop, etc)
And its pretty cheap too, so I would recommend it if your budget is low.
petesam
Core 2 Duo is the norm here in India
ForceRun
Intel Core 2 Duos are the way to go. They do more, OC much better and if you really care about it they use less power for what they do. I currently have the E6750 running at 3.5Ghz on a After market air cooler.
MrSpecial
It seems the Core 2 Dual-core processors are popular among gamers, since very few games actually support more than the common two-cores. For video editors and artists, the Core 2 Quad-core processors are more useful as these programs benefit from the extra two-cores. I myself, fancy Intel's Wolfdale E8400.
psycosquirrel
I fourth (or fifth, I lost count) the Core 2 Duo recommendation!

I personally run an e6750 clocked at 4GHz. Cool