FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Custom Fonts WordPress Plugin

alalex
Have you ever heard of sIFR?
It stands for Scalable Inman Flash Replacement, and it basically adds (If JS and Flash are installed & enabled) a layer on top of your website elements with a Flash movie that is set in a different font.

Well there is now a plugin for wordpress that gives the ability to customize all the fonts we want from the admin panel, using DOM selectors. It comes with 15 fonts preinstalled and the option to add our own ones.

This is the plugin homepage

It is still not listed in the WP official subversion repository, but it will when they take a look at the plugin and approve it I guess.
Enjoy
imagefree
its on your blog, is it developed by you?
rvec
I've tried to use sIFR on my own webpage once, but didn't get it to work. Still don't exactly understand how it works.
alalex
Yea it was developed by me...

Rvec:
I also had a lot of problems to understand how it worked in order to develop the plugin, but now I can say I know it pretty well.

To get it very simply to work just download the sIFR files (use google to find them) and in your html document inport the css files "screen.css" (as media="screen") and "print.css" (as media="print") and then the js sifr.js and sifr-addons.js
Now open a new script and paste the following lines to change, for example, all h1s:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
if(typeof sIFR == "function"){
    sIFR.replaceElement("h1#title", named({sFlashSrc: "sifr/vandenkeere.swf", sBgColor:"#e9c77b", sColor: "#000", sCase: "upper"}));
};
</script>

And you should have it working... Wink