FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What's your CD cv ?





wellerchap
Mark Radcliffe does a thing called a cd cv on BBC Radio 2 (in the UK)...fill in these questions & post on here. Might throw up some interesting stuff !


The first record you ever bought?


The song that led to your first popstar crush?


The song that reminds you of your first true love?


A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?


Your favourite holiday track?


The song you'd most like to sing on stage?



The most embarrassing record you ever bought?



The one song you wish you'd written?


The best guitar riff ever


Your favourite love song?


The track that reminds you of your best mates?

___________________________________________________

Mine is as follows..........

The first record you ever bought? "Take A Chance On Me" - Abba


The song that led to your first popstar crush? "Eighth Day" - Hazel O'Connor


The song that reminds you of your first true love? "One Day In Your Life" - Michael Jackson


A song that's guaranteed to make you dance? "This Old Heart Of Mine" - The Isley Brothers


Your favourite holiday track? "Summer Fun" - The Barracuda's


The song you'd most like to sing on stage? "Young Girl" - Gary Pucket & The Union Gap



The most embarrassing record you ever bought? "A Man's Best Friend Is His Duck" - The Goodies



The one song you wish you'd written? "Down In The Tubestation At Midnight" - The Jam


The best guitar riff ever? "Freebird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd


Your favourite love song? "Loving You" - Minnie Ripperton


The track that reminds you of your best mates? - "My World" - Secret Affair
MrBlueSky
Here is mine:

The first record you ever bought?

Come an' Get It, a cd from Whitesnake

The song that led to your first popstar crush?

Hmmm, I haven't really had a popstar 'crush'. But my first idols when I was young were Dire Straits, I think. So my answer is: Money for nothing.

The song that reminds you of your first true love?

All songs from the Electric Light Orchestra. (See my nickname Smile )

A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?

None, because I can't dance and am too shy to dance. But maybe some songs from Fatboy Slim come close.

Your favourite holiday track?

Difficult. The songs from The Mamas and the Papas certainly get me in the mood. If I had to pick one, it would be the obligatory California Dreamin'.

The song you'd most like to sing on stage?

None, because I can't sing and am too shy to sing on a stage. But otherwise it would probably an ELO song.

The most embarrassing record you ever bought?

That would be one from Pet Shop Boys. I don't remember which one it was, and I haven't got it anymore.

The one song you wish you'd written?

Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)

The best guitar riff ever

The intro from Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix


Your favourite love song?

Maybe "Can't Get It Out Of My Head" from ELO
Athomix
The first record you ever bought?

Dance Train 2000

A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?

Ian Olivier feat Shantel - Bucovina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29zGEh56-KY
or
Twixt - Plastic boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmGuWR35w9I

Your favourite holiday track?

Michael Gray Feat Steve Edwards - Somewhere Beyond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQFH4yZlzQ
deStructuralized
The first record you ever bought? Dark Lotus - Tales From The Lotus Pod

The song that led to your first popstar crush? Never have or will have one

The song that reminds you of your first true love? Tonedeff - Porcelain

A song that's guaranteed to make you dance? Smitty - Died In Your Arms. NOT the remix.

Your favourite holiday track? Not a big fan of holiday music

The song you'd most like to sing on stage? It hasn't been recorded yet, but it will be in the next month or so.

The most embarrassing record you ever bought? I don't think I own a record that embarrasses me

The one song you wish you'd written/produced/directed? Anything by Guy Sigsworth

The best guitar riff ever: Ratatat - Breaking Away. Or Rilo Kiley - Money Maker

Your favourite love song? John Legend - PDA

The track that reminds you of your best mates? CunninLynguists - Mexico
wellerchap
MrBlueSky wrote:
Here is mine:
The first record you ever bought?
Come an' Get It, a cd from Whitesnake
The song that led to your first popstar crush?
Hmmm, I haven't really had a popstar 'crush'. But my first idols when I was young were Dire Straits, I think. So my answer is: Money for nothing.
The song that reminds you of your first true love?
All songs from the Electric Light Orchestra. (See my nickname Smile )
A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?
None, because I can't dance and am too shy to dance. But maybe some songs from Fatboy Slim come close.
Your favourite holiday track?
Difficult. The songs from The Mamas and the Papas certainly get me in the mood. If I had to pick one, it would be the obligatory California Dreamin'.
The song you'd most like to sing on stage?
None, because I can't sing and am too shy to sing on a stage. But otherwise it would probably an ELO song.
The most embarrassing record you ever bought?
That would be one from Pet Shop Boys. I don't remember which one it was, and I haven't got it anymore.
The one song you wish you'd written?
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
The best guitar riff ever
The intro from Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix
Your favourite love song?
Maybe "Can't Get It Out Of My Head" from ELO


Very mature taste you have there....at school, while I was into the pop music of the day, my pal was a big ELO fan, which I always thought was very grown up....come to like them myself since though...a great band.


Athomix wrote:
The first record you ever bought?
Dance Train 2000
A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?
Ian Olivier feat Shantel - Bucovina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29zGEh56-KY
or
Twixt - Plastic boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmGuWR35w9I
Your favourite holiday track?
Michael Gray Feat Steve Edwards - Somewhere Beyond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQFH4yZlzQ


WOW !
That Bucovina video is fantastic !

deStructuralized wrote:
The first record you ever bought? Dark Lotus - Tales From The Lotus Pod
The song that led to your first popstar crush? Never have or will have one
The song that reminds you of your first true love? Tonedeff - Porcelain
A song that's guaranteed to make you dance? Smitty - Died In Your Arms. NOT the remix.
Your favourite holiday track? Not a big fan of holiday music
The song you'd most like to sing on stage? It hasn't been recorded yet, but it will be in the next month or so.
The most embarrassing record you ever bought? I don't think I own a record that embarrasses me
The one song you wish you'd written/produced/directed? Anything by Guy Sigsworth
The best guitar riff ever: Ratatat - Breaking Away. Or Rilo Kiley - Money Maker
Your favourite love song? John Legend - PDA
The track that reminds you of your best mates? CunninLynguists - Mexico


I don't know any of that stuff....I guess it's a geographical thing.
And regarding the "crush".....never say "never"!! Very Happy
Shewolf
The first record you ever bought?
I bought Paradiso's "Bailando" single, for my own money at the age of seven. And I was very satisfied, even though I had no ida what the song was about. But the girl had pink, green and blue hair, and that helped a lot.

The song that led to your first popstar crush?
"As Long as You Love Me", Kevin of Backstreet Boys. I am not sure it can even be called a crush, I was so very young at the time. But the more serious obsession was a result of listening to "Dead Boy's Poem". So, I guess i ended up in the not-so-secret cult of Tuomasoholics for a while.

The song(s) that reminds you of your first true love?
"Shy" by Sonata Arctica and "Sun God" by Andrea Haugen/Nebelhexë

A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?
"Happy Little Boozer" by Korpiklaani Laughing

Your favourite holiday track?
Holiday as in Summer? Then it's all lyrics by Evert Taube and Erik Bye. Except from that, anything from Kate Bush's "Arial" is likely to turn my mind into a holiday mode.

The song you'd most like to sing on stage?
I can't sing, even though I have to from time to time. "Bohemian Rhapsody" is wonderful to sing in a choir. "O Fortuna" as well. In general, I have no idea...

The most embarrassing record you ever bought?
I don't think I've ever bought anything embarrassing myself, but I have for sure gotten some for a present.

The one song you wish you'd written?
"Dead Boy's Poem", still in love with it. Can not help it, as much as I want to...

The best guitar riff ever
Too many good to decide on a single one.

Your favourite love song?
"The End of this Chapter" (yes, I am a bit crazy, thank you...), or somemthing as cliche as "Your Song", or something like that.

The track that reminds you of your best mates?
"In Dreams" of the LOTR soundtrack. It eminds me of old times, and a wonderful time we had together.
catscratches
The first record you ever bought? Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?
The song you'd most like to sing on stage? Anything by Thursday
The one song you wish you'd written? Any Thursday song
The best guitar riff ever Very difficult, probably something by In Flames
Your favourite love song? ASP - Und wir tanzen

I didn't have any answer to the other questions.
smspno
The first record you ever bought?
Michael Jackson's "Dangerous".

The song that led to your first popstar crush?
I don't know.

The song that reminds you of your first true love?
James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover".

A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?
"Call On Me" by Eric Prydz Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Your favourite holiday track?
"Kanikuły" by Bum.

The song you'd most like to sing on stage?
"Roxanne" by The Police.

The most embarrassing record you ever bought?
Ich Troje's "A.D. 4".

The one song you wish you'd written?
John Lennon's "Imagine".

The best guitar riff ever
I cannot decide which to choose among many many excellent riffs.

Your favourite love song?
"Wielka Miłość" by Seweryn Krajewski.

The track that reminds you of your best mates?
"Friends will be friends" by The Queen.
wellerchap
smspno wrote:
[b]The song you'd most like to sing on stage?
"Roxanne" by The Police.


As a 13 year old boy, the first album I ever bought myself was Outlandos D'Amour by The Police....a brilliant record, and a brilliant band!
pudovkin
haha, good one. let's try:

----

Quote:
The first record you ever bought?

Mother Love Bone, "Mother Love Bone".
Quote:
The song that led to your first popstar crush?

"Running free", from Iron Maiden. (Eddie is the man!)
Quote:
The song that reminds you of your first true love?

Ok, there's no such person, at least for me.
But a song that reminds me a great love:
"Everybody wants to rule the world", from Tears for Fears.
Quote:
A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?

Any bolero.
Quote:
Your favourite holiday track?

"Don't you (forget about me)", from Simple Minds (don't ask me why Razz)
Quote:
The song you'd most like to sing on stage?

I only sing on the shower.
Quote:
The most embarrassing record you ever bought?

A Bon Jovi album, for a friend, haha.
Quote:
The one song you wish you'd written?

"One", from U2.
Quote:
The best guitar riff ever

Can't recall.
Quote:
Your favourite love song?

Chris Izaak, "Wicked game".
Quote:
The track that reminds you of your best mates?

Many. Basically, from live concerts I've went with them.
kismetphotography
The first record you ever bought?
"5-7-0-5" by City Boy

The song that led to your first popstar crush?
"Denis" by Blondie

The song that reminds you of your first true love?
"Babe" by Styx

A song that's guaranteed to make you dance?
None really

Your favourite holiday track?
"Chocolate" by Soul Control

The song you'd most like to sing on stage?
"Rock And Roll All Night" by Kiss

The most embarrassing record you ever bought?
"Doop" by Doop (I used to be a DJ)

The one song you wish you'd written?
"We Wish You Well" by Whitesnake

The best guitar riff ever
"Whole Lotta Rosie" (Live Version) by AC/DC

Your favourite love song?
"From This Moment On" by Shania Twain

The track that reminds you of your best mates?
"Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag" by Pigbag
___________________________________________________
soprano_t
The first record you ever bought? Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody

(If you don't know these it's because I grew up in the 80s and I'm older than you)

The song that led to your first popstar crush? Sam Brown, you better stop


The song that reminds you of your first true love? Too long ago to remember, current Lover/Wife it would have to be Sinatra, Strangers in the Night


A song that's guaranteed to make you dance? The Jam, Town called Malice


Your favourite holiday track? Men at Work, Land Down Under


The song you'd most like to sing on stage? Can't sing very well, have played the Saxophone on stage though


The most embarrassing record you ever bought? Now that's what I call music 2, I never realised they would keep going with the names, what are we up to now, 135


The one song you wish you'd written? The Pogues, Fairytale of New York


The best guitar riff ever Eric Clapton, Layla


Your favourite love song? Too many to choose one, maybe Someone to watch over me (old Jazz tune)


The track that reminds you of your best mates? Thin Lizzy, the Boys are Back in Town
Related topics
The first LP/KCT/CD you ever bought...
How to recover MOST of scratched CD data discs
Windows 98 Live Cd :-)
need a file that's in Baldur's gate's 5.cd
CD Ripping Problem
FREE CD
How do you keep the CD-Drive from making too much noise.
Debian version CD
Install recovery console without the Windows XP CD!
Bootable olmayan CD ile WIN XP kurmak
CD Drives disapperd
Free ubuntu cd-rom
Problem burning large .wav onto CD-R
My hard drives CD-ROm cannot read
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Music

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.