FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Aztech DSL605EW Router Problems

Kelvin
I have a problem with this router that they changed in our office to support the dyndns auto IP update. Problem is, this router refuse to work and transmit data (internet) when the default IP address is changed from 192.168.1.1 to anything else although it shows the internet is connected. If the settings is back at 192.168.1.1, the internet works. I can't use the default settings as the router is meant to connect to our server that uses the 169.254.x.x IP address.

Does anyone know what settings is missing for this particular router to work using other IP addresses? It has got way too many settings that i'm not familiar with as compared to the D-link router being used.
crdowner
Doesn't Microsoft us 169.254.x.x when a DHCP address is not available?

Did you also change the subnet and default gateway in the router?
djclue917
Can you give us a 'schematic' or layout of your network? It doesn't have to be an image, you can just specify which devices are connected to which. Also, please include the IP address for the key devices (i.e., router, server, etc.), the subnet mask for the network (assuming you don't have subnets), and a brief explanation of how you expect the network to work (for instance, several computers connect to the internet via the gateway, which is probably your router or your server which is connected to your router--in bridge mode). I hope you can provide us with these details so that we can help you.