FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wordpress subdomains not working

Zombie
Hi,
I've installed the newest version of wordpress mu, and when I try to create a new user under mydomain.com the account is created and the email validation goes fine. But when I attempt to view the newblog.mydomain.com I get a "server not found" error.
Am I doing something wrong? Why can't I view this new subdomain?

COULD THIS BE IT?

Quote:
Im referring to the VHost and DNS configurations that need to be made in the httpd.conf file at the server level. You will need this configuration if you intend to use the subdomain feature with WordPress MU.

I'm fairly sure this is my problem, does anyone know how to change this httpd.conf??
mOrpheuS
Wordpress MU with subdomains requires modification of the server httpd.conf - something that is not possible in a shared hosting environment.

p.s. - Reselling of FRIHost space is not permitted. This includes running blog/mail/file hosting services on your FRIHost account.
Zombie
Okay thanks anyhow... by the way I'm not reselling the space, it just free for people who want to make a blog. Also, is there a rate I can pay to increase my hosting space? I'm making a lot of sites recently, and I'm probably going to need more space.
thanks,
JC
mOrpheuS
Zombie wrote:
Okay thanks anyhow... by the way I'm not reselling the space, it just free for people who want to make a blog. Also, is there a rate I can pay to increase my hosting space? I'm making a lot of sites recently, and I'm probably going to need more space.
thanks,
JC

mOrpheuS wrote:
Reselling of FRIHost space is not permitted. This includes running blog/mail/file hosting services on your FRIHost account.

I should have made it more clear.

"Reselling", in webhosting speak - isn't limited to charging money for others using your services.
Running a free blog/mail/file hosting service is "reselling" too.

We do not allocate more space/bandwidth to users. Nor do we accept money for the service that we provide.
If you've really run out of space on your FRIHost account, I'm afraid you've outgrown free hosting.
You'll have to look elsewhere for your needs.

(You can always try to free up some space on your FRIHost account by offloading hosting of large files/images to other free hosts dedicatated for that purpose)
Zombie
Okay, thanks for the info, I am now signed up under glowhost for my high bandwidth sites. However, I am keeping this account because I have other small projects, and this is a convenient hosting setup for them.