FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Poll: Do you have "gamer" friends in real life?

How many of your friends are gamers?
All of them! Why would you want to hang out with non-gamers?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Most of my friends are gamers.
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
I only know a few gamers.
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
I'm alone! So alone!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Ghengis
I've been a gamer since my first Apple ][ (compatible! We had a Laser 128, before all the lawsuits started =-), and by now, sometimes I start to feel like maybe I'm getting too old for it. A lot of the people I'm exposed to in my day-to-day life -- friends, acquaintances, co-workers -- seem to look at gaming as a kids' hobby. I still love it, don't get me wrong -- and I think the "Mature" games like GTA and Bioshock back me up on this -- but sometimes I feel kind of alone. One of my co-workers is an occasional gamer, and my wife plays a mean Puzzle Fighter (but that's about it); other than that, I really don't talk to anybody else like me.

Is my situation unusual? Do most of you older dudes reading the Games board have to choose between gaming alone, or with people you only know from the Internet (who might well be half your age)? Or did I just somehow wind up in an anomalous "gamer black hole"?
silverdown
I know 2 kids ( boy age 13 and girl 12 both siblings) who like online games, I believe there just doing what I do. they both play TFC, CS, TF2. I watch them now and then and they always wish to watch me play on my server(s) and teach them. I tried to redirect them to neopets, and other KID games, but they seem to get there mother to buy them games for older kids.
rightclickscott
Most of my friends are gamers, simply because we'll have extended sessions (particularly at Jess's house) playing Pokemon, SSB Brawl, Rock Band, and so many others. However, when we aren't playing together, we sure as hell are playing our own games on the side. In fact, we've got our own little community of gamers. I'm trying to get my girlfriend into it, which means getting her a Pokemon game and a DS (I've already got the DS for her, I just need to get a freakin' game), so things are gonna get really fun. As far as I'm concerned, you can never be too old for video games. I've been trying to get my mom to play Brain Age, just cause.
enygmasoft
rightclickscott wrote:
Most of my friends are gamers, simply because we'll have extended sessions (particularly at Jess's house) playing Pokemon, SSB Brawl, Rock Band, and so many others. However, when we aren't playing together, we sure as hell are playing our own games oG the side. In fact, we've got our own little community of gamers. I'm trying to get my girlfriend into it, which means getting her a Pokemon game and a DS (I've already got the DS for her, I just need to get a freakin' game), so things are gonna get really fun. As far as I'm concerned, you can never be too old for video games. I've been trying to get my mom to play Brain Age, just cause.

Most of my friends are both gamers and nerds, All smart dorks with high GPA. Nerds rule.
Keran
I know maybe max 2-3 gamers in real life, all of my friends aren't so much into gaming. Even though I'm a gamer myself and play a lot, I spend a lot of time hanging out with my non-gamer friends.
ddukki
Most of my friends are either casual RPG gamers, but I do know some hardcore Online Gamers that play professionally and compete in competitions. I'm not one of those myself, but I do play extensively when I'm on seasonal breaks from school and such.
Kelcey
Most of my friends play games. It's a diverse group. Some only play FPS. Some only play JRPG. Some only play RTS. Then there are others like me that play almost everything and become poor by doing so.
Fake
NOt many. I only know nerds fron online Very Happy
Seiji
I don't have any friends that play MMO's besides WoW but I don't play that. A lot of my friends play stuff like BioShock and Halo 3. I don't really talk about it much since I'm not a hardcore gamer.
LostOverThere
Many of my friends are gamers. One of my friends recently played Steam games alone for over 130 hours in two weeks. He's also an avid Wii and DS gamer too. Razz

But yeah, most of my friends are addicted to something, I have two friends who like WOW...
Pochettino
most of my friends are gamers to Smile but ofc life first games second Wink

we all like to beat eachothers asses in games Very Happy
misterXY
I'm on a football team and ALL play Madden lol. So l'm a gamer, from cellphone game(which suck) to pc, always on some gaming thing