FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strike BBCode

Arnie
If I recall correctly phpBB2 has a function in the admin panel which allows you to define custom BBCodes. I'd like to see the HTML tag <strike>text</strike> implemented as e.g. [strike]text[/strike]. Wouldn't be hard at all and would be useful in quoting.
wumingsden
Arnie wrote:
If I recall correctly phpBB2 has a function in the admin panel which allows you to define custom BBCodes. I'd like to see the HTML tag <strike>text</strike> implemented as e.g. [strike]text[/strike]. Wouldn't be hard at all and would be useful in quoting.

Certainly easy to implement.

I don't really understand the added functionality it could bring though.
Do you suggest it would be useful in quoting if all of the unimportant text is striked-out in a quote?
Arnie
I was intending to reply to this post and strike out Germany, replacing it by the Netherlands (since it works the same here). Then I found out the strike tag doesn't work and decided to suggest it.

It may also be useful in editing your own posts when making a correction, etc.
rvec
Arnie wrote:
If I recall correctly phpBB2 has a function in the admin panel which allows you to define custom BBCodes.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/faq.php?mode=bbcode#10
Quote:
Can I add my own tags?
No, I am afraid not directly in phpBB 2.0. We are looking at offering customisable BBCode tags for the next major version.

but I think it shouldn't be that hard if Bondings had time. Maybe next year Razz
Arnie
I guess I must've been mistaken with another piece of board software then. Sad Although adding code is still easy if you find the PHP file defining <b>, <i> and <u> BBCodes and mimic that code for <strike>...
rvec
I know. That's why I added this:
Quote:
but I think it shouldn't be that hard if Bondings had time. Maybe next year Razz
kenspa
you got to edit 5 files:

- forumroot/includes/bbcode.php
- forumroot/posting.php
- forumroot/templates/forumtheme/bbcode.tpl
- forumroot/language/lang_xxxx/lang_main.php
- forumroot/includes/posting_body.tpl

there you should implement the strike tag next to [b] tag exactly the same as [b] [u] [i] are done
Very Happy
mathiaus
I would like it as well. It helps to write sarcastically when you strike words out and use something else instead!

Not that I would use it for that though of course Razz
deanhills
mathiaus wrote:
I would like it as well. It helps to write sarcastically when you strike words out and use something else instead!

Not that I would use it for that though of course Razz
Laughing Laughing As I was reading through the thread, I was wondering what the use of "strike out" would be, until I got to this posting! Good one. Good idea! Smile