FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How polpular is PS3

webmike
hello,

i want to buy a PS3 but i don't know how popular it is. How do you think about it?

thx
datter
I opted for an xbox360 over the PS3. I liked the game selection on the 360 better, plus the online component (xbox live) was much more appealing. Yes, you have to pay a yearly subscription for xbox live and the PS3 online system is free... but you really do get what you pay for, and xbox live is great.
tony
i would go with the wii - it is the superior console imo. the games are fun (brawl, guitar hero, wii sports, mario kart), the controller is cool, and the price is right. ps3 imo is too expensive. same goes for xbox. if you want cutting-edge graphics get a ps3 or xbox - otherwise, i'd say get a wii.
itpsu47
xbox360, it's cool
Indyan
IN India Wii doesnt have a presence (bcoz Nintendo hasnt yet bothered to launch it yet).
Thanks to Microsofts aggresive promotion Xbox 360 is the most popular next gen console over here, not PS3(the fact that its a bit cheaper also helps).
But, the console I want to own is Wii.
Agent ME
I'd think that the 360 has more popular exclusives than the PS3, such as Halo3 and Bioshock, plus the Xbox Live system. Haven't really heard much about any exclusive PS3 games that would make me want to buy it. (I'm sure there are a good number of good exclusives for it, but I haven't seen anything that made me say I MUST GET A PS3.)
romeo123
I think u should get a ps3 and get some cool games like GTA IV.you could browse the web with it,play games,watch blu ray movies,and get downloadable content from the ps store.
achowles
I think that it's more important which console is popular with developers. The PS3 doesn't have the greatest of support. Ubisoft's PS3 games are apparently lacking compared to the 360 versions. A lot of manufacturers are claiming it's far harder to develop games for the PS3 than the 360.

When you look at the present line up, it's obvious that the 360 has better support. But then you've got to contend with the fact that the 360 is also famously unreliable. I haven't heard of anyone's PS3 breaking.

As for customer popularity, the PS3 is firmly in last place. That might be down to the fact that until recently it's been the most expensive. The 360 Elite and the PS3 are more or less on par with each other now.
ptfrances
Here in France the Wii is more popular than the PS3 because people think the Nintendo console is more funny... and it's less expensive of course
Wink
BPrice
nintendo wii is the console that I would buy as it is more active to play and less expensive then the others ( ps3 / xbox360 ) and more fun.
James007
Maybe you should have a look at our official PS3 topic? I think real reviews will help you out more than just the fact whether the thing is "popular".

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-23640.html

-closiiiing-