FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can anyone explain me what happens?

skynet
can anyone explain me plz what happend?? i don't know why but your forum (frihost) is every some hours is fall down.. and it happens to my site to so.. plz explain to me y and if u can so fix it plz..?
progman89
There's nothing you can do to fix it...either the admins were working on the site, or the server was down for a little bit Very Happy
skynet
yea i realized that i can't do nothing.. but i ask for the admins if they can fix it..

so plz answer admins...
Bondings
I'm constantly busy with the high server load at the moment. There isn't much I can do about it at the moment.
skynet
oh ok.. i only want to check the subject cos maybe it's happend only me and to my server...
to ty for the answer..
Sunny
Quote:

can anyone explain me plz what happend?? i don't know why but your forum (frihost) is every some hours is fall down.. and it happens to my site to so.. plz explain to me y and if u can so fix it plz..?

This is last weeks monitoring report, as you could see even after frihost had some problems in last week its managing to give us 99% + uptime Smile. With my experience I think you can expect every host(even paid) to give some downtime but what makes me wonder is the number of outages, they are prolly on high side . may be admins are testing something and need the server to reboot often. Not as if i'm complaining but obvously curious.

Date Outages Downtime Uptime%
2005-08-29 Mon 2 0 hrs, 2 mins, 31 secs 99.825%
2005-08-30 Tue 2 0 hrs, 8 mins, 41 secs 99.397%
2005-08-31 Wed 2 0 hrs, 5 mins, 34 secs 99.613%
2005-09-01 Thu 5 0 hrs, 56 mins,23 secs 96.084%
2005-09-02 Fri 2 0 hrs, 15 mins,14 secs 98.942%
2005-09-03 Sat 2 0 hrs, 5 mins, 8 secs 99.644%
2005-09-04 Sun 1 0 hrs, 4 mins, 5 secs 99.716%
Week Summary 16 1 hrs, 37 mins,6 secs 99.032%
Bondings
At the moment I'm trying to optimize the server. The server load is still even high, but the peaks seem to be gone. And those cause the slow moments when the server is almost unreachable.
Daniel15
I suggest you ban CGI scripts. They're being banned on more and more hosts now.

Or at least ban CGI Forums. They're banned at almost every host I know. You should put something like this in the TOS:

"Hosting of CGI Forums is banned. Users of CGI forums are encouraged to use similar PHP-based forums such as SMF or phpBB"
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
I suggest you ban CGI scripts. They're being banned on more and more hosts now.

Or at least ban CGI Forums. They're banned at almost every host I know. You should put something like this in the TOS:

"Hosting of CGI Forums is banned. Users of CGI forums are encouraged to use similar PHP-based forums such as SMF or phpBB"

There are no cgi-forums on the server, at least that I know of. If such a forum would create a huge load, then I would certainly notice it.
Sunny
I think there are tools available which can monitor the performace and diagnose the problem of high server load. Must be worth looking at mail logs to check if someone is sending lot of spam emails .