FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ALIVE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Playstation 3 Bundle Availability

QrafTee
UPDATE: I somehow forget to include the Circuitcity link to the product; it's been fixed... Maybe that's why it's the only remaining online vendor to still have it in stock.

UPDATE: All online vendors are sold out of this bundle except the following as of (11:12AM 7-15-2008 Vietnam Time): CircuitCity.com and Frys.com.

UPDATE: Konami's website has put up the Limited Edition 40GB Gunmetal Gray PS3 Bundle on their website, but are not taking pre-orders yet; apparently it's $599.99.

UPDATE: Not too surprisingly, both Buy.com and Frys.com are no longer taking pre-orders because they would not be able to guarantee stock to anymore people purchasing this bundle.

So I was looking for places to pre-order the elusive hard-to-find backward compatible 80GB Playstation 3 and I found three places. I already put my pre-order in, so I thought I'd post it to help you guys who were in the same boat as me out. However, this is NOT the limited-edition Gunmetal Gray bundle.

The bundle includes the following:
PlayStation 3 - Piano Black - 80GB Model - Emulated PS2 backwards-compatibility
Metal Gear Solid 4
Dual Shock 3

Best Buy
Price: $499.99
URL: Link

Buy.com
Price: $499.99 ($484.99 with coupon; use coupon link first, then use URL link)

Circuit City

Frys.com
URL: [url=http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5573180;jsessionid=YU8uH5IDTdwFWBvgKfvdXw**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG]Link[/url]

GameCrazy
URL: N/A

GameStop

Konami.com - Limited Edition "Gunmetal Gray" Playstation 3 Bundle
Price: $599.99

SonyStyle
bonestorm74
Thanks, I just picked up a PS3 / GTA4 system on the weekend. I'm impressed with the system so far, nice interface and connectivity.
enygmasoft
bonestorm74 wrote:
Thanks, I just picked up a PS3 / GTA4 system on the weekend. I'm impressed with the system so far, nice interface and connectivity.

I certainly love the 80GB PS3, which is the one I have, but I did not know that not every PS3 plays ps2 games. Of course I fell in love with Metal Gear 4, so much so that I had to preorder the collectors edition of the game, and I only passed part 1t. and I need to get caught up with the rest of the trilogy before passing the greatest metal gear ever made.
QrafTee
So the Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle is sold out everywhere except these two remaining locations: CircuitCity.com and Frys.com.

CircuitCity.com is shipping immediately (took two days to process my order whereas Buy.com couldn't even fulfill my order which they had 2+ months to do).

Snag'em quickly since they're limited of time.
Kelcey
It's doing well. I haven't seen one in stores yet.
enygmasoft
Kelcey wrote:
It's doing well. I haven't seen one in stores yet.

thats all true since I never saw this either. What I need are the controls to do this game justice.
enygmasoft
QrafTee wrote:
UPDATE: All online vendors are sold out of this bundle except the following as of (11:12AM 7-15-2008 Vietnam Time): CircuitCity.com and Frys.com.

UPDATE: Konami's website has put up the Limited Edition 40GB Gunmetal Gray PS3 Bundle on their website, but are not taking pre-orders yet; apparently it's $599.99.

UPDATE: Not too surprisingly, both Buy.com and Frys.com are no longer taking pre-orders because they would not be able to guarantee stock to anymore people purchasing this bundle.

So I was looking for places to pre-order the elusive hard-to-find backward compatible 80GB Playstation 3 and I found three places. I already put my pre-order in, so I thought I'd post it to help you guys who were in the same boat as me out. However, this is NOT the limited-edition Gunmetal Gray bundle.

The bundle includes the following:
PlayStation 3 - Piano Black - 80GB Model - Emulated PS2 backwards-compatibility
Metal Gear Solid 4
Dual Shock 3

Best Buy

Buy.com
Price: $499.99 ($484.99 with coupon; use coupon link first, then use URL link)

Circuit City

Frys.com
URL: [url=http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5573180;jsessionid=YU8uH5IDTdwFWBvgKfvdXw**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG]Link[/url]

GameCrazy

GameStop

Konami.com - Limited Edition "Gunmetal Gray" Playstation 3 Bundle
Price: $599.99

SonyStyle

I certainly fell in love with my ps3, which is the backward compatable version of the systems.