FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Really Slow! loading images and other things

evilryu530
ok so i built my website, mostly html and some flash, and i tested in dreamweaver and on my c drive, it works fine, everything loads fine and images have no problem. now when i upload it to frih account, and open the page, some images load some dont, some images that do load are all crewed up looking or skewed...is it because we only have 10 gigs of traffic? so it's slow to load? or something wrong with uploading? i tried uploading it twice.. if the site was all flash, it works fine, but html sites im having problems with. anyone have this problem? is it because of the hosting traffic? i've tried another website i built too and the images load skewey....im using mozilla to upload the files.....should i use something else? i have tons of photos i cant use the c panel to do it one by one...
SamiTheBerber
evilryu530 wrote:
ok so i built my website, mostly html and some flash, and i tested in dreamweaver and on my c drive, it works fine, everything loads fine and images have no problem. now when i upload it to frih account, and open the page, some images load some dont, some images that do load are all crewed up looking or skewed...is it because we only have 10 gigs of traffic? so it's slow to load? or something wrong with uploading? i tried uploading it twice.. if the site was all flash, it works fine, but html sites im having problems with. anyone have this problem? is it because of the hosting traffic? i've tried another website i built too and the images load skewey....im using mozilla to upload the files.....should i use something else? i have tons of photos i cant use the c panel to do it one by one...

I also noticed on my father's windows firefox, that images will load very slowly.

I use sshfs maintainly to connect servers and transfer the files. Frihost doesn't support ssh, so I use gnome's own file browsing to connect with ftp. It is very neaty Smile
evilryu530
what is 10gig of traffic? (frihost) vs 300gig traffic (godaddy)?
rvec
evilryu530 wrote:

free vs €9.71/mo
LukeakaDanish
rvec wrote:
evilryu530 wrote:

€9.71/mo vs free

More than you'll ever use vs More that you'll ever use

They are equal Wink

Ofcourse if you actually used 300gigs godaddy would probably suspend you coz they rely on people only using 1 gig.
evilryu530
man some of you guys are smart a** mofos...anyways...so i solved it. read some threads on this sites...the problem was uploading through filezilla, like over 100 files at once. for some reason the bitrate or whatever some files where corrupted....so i zipped the whole site, tarr.gz'ed it i guess. and uploaded one file and extracted on direct admin. and voila! it works! so if anyone runs into issues like this.....thats how you solve it.......thank you thank you........*takes a bow..... Twisted Evil
takashiro
Sometimes frihost is really slow in China, where I live. But I think it must be very fast in America, where the server of frihost is located.
However, frihost is only sometimes slow in China. Very Happy It's fast.

If it's slow when you are not in America, perhaps the reason why frihost is slow is that the line between your country and America is buzy. Smile