FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the headless cupid

TurtleShell
anyone remember this one? I read it in fourth grade. great book. super spooky, as I recall...couldn't put it down.
thegoswebs
I've never heard of that book. What's it about? Who was the author? I tried to do a little research but I can't seem to find anything on it. I might have read an excerpt from it or something similair to that effect when I was growing up in school but I don't know. I wish I knew what it was about so that I can comment to you on it. Sorry.
TurtleShell
Don't remember her name, but she also wrote the Egypt Game. My memories of it are disjointed. There's a boy, and he's moved in with his new step sister and step mom... and the step sister is pretty bizarre. She's like a witch or something. Anyway, I think the house they live, which is really old and big, in ends up being haunted, or possessed. The cupid without a head is a wooden statue on the newel post. It's a cupid, and I think the head falls off at some point:) Because I read it so long ago, more than I remember the plot, I remember that I couldn't put it down:) here... wikipedia has an article