FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

files needed..

frih
what files are needed before submitting website to google search engine e.g. robot.txt??

i have very little knowledge about search engine submissions.
georgekalathil
I cannot get ur point. But if I am correct about what you are talking, its better to submit a site with the proper formats and files, like robots.txt, xml sitemap for Google webmasters tool. The site should also be SEO friendly, otherwise it would create a bad impact among the search engines...
frih
georgekalathil wrote:
I cannot get ur point. But if I am correct about what you are talking, its better to submit a site with the proper formats and files, like robots.txt, xml sitemap for Google webmasters tool. The site should also be SEO friendly, otherwise it would create a bad impact among the search engines...

i am talking about those files which google need to index your website.

what do you mean by bad impact on search engine?? i cant get it.....
Peterssidan
The files which google need to index your website is the files that makes the website. those with content. Sitemaps can help. robots.txt doesn't help indexing it's only good if you want to restrict the bot in some way. You can submit your site here http://www.google.com/addurl/ but it's not necesary to do so.

Best is to make sure you get some links pointing to your site and google will find you.