FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

unable to create ftp accounts

inphurno
i am unable to create a new ftp account that i need for one of my developers. i go to http://cp.frih.net/ and when i go to FTP Management then Create FTP account. i enter all the information for the account and then get a 404 error when i submit the form. i get this error in both firefox and internet explorer.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance! Smile
inphurno
i have figured out the problem myself, the user name has a minimum length i'm guessing of eight characters cause when i tried with a different username it worked. i know the service is free but i'm very disapointed that no one even posted a comment in this thread. even if someone would have posted that there wasnt any problems to create accounts and that i was doing something wrong would have helped me realise sooner what the problem was (me!)... i never had this problem before usually if you ask for help on the forum someone will try to help you out. anyway maybe this will help someone else in the future but i dont know why i didnt get an error (apart from 404) that the username was too short.
evilryu530
yea i had the same problem, that really sucks that it doesnt hav a faq or help button when you create ftp, that pisses me off....
silverdown
Hmm, I am able to create & delete just fine on server 2

Edit
Well I read the first post then posted, shoulda kept reading to find it was solved. or is it not?
inphurno
yes its been solved i have created the account that i wanted with the appropriate folder permissions i wanted, thanks for all your responses! Very Happy
jaap
ok nice, now you can make a free FTP site?
inphurno
no i dont think i'll make a free ftp site with the hosting i use for our non-profit organization.... Laughing