FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How does this medicine work?

Srs2388
I am just curious...
How does the medication oxycontin work so well?
Why do you build a tolerance up so quick?
I'be been on this medication for quite some time I'm getting a higher tolerance to it though Sad
How does it stop pain though?
I know how the muscle relaxer soma works because I take it with oxycontin sometimes.
It blocks pain receptors and relaxes your muscles.

edit:
I also can no longer afford this medication because the company that makes generic is getting sued for making it without permission. So the medication as I was told will be around six hundred dollars for one bottle.
What would be best for me to get?
I am on 40MG of oxycodone every 12 hours.
I was on 2 norco's 10/325 10MG of hydrocodone every 4 hours.

Will that still help or will I still have a tolerence to that.
I understand if i take it EVERY 4 hours. it would be 60MG of hydrocodoen in 12 hours.
will it still help?

thanks.
escritor
Maybe the people who access the Health and Beauty forum can answer this.
itpsu47
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enTH265TH265&q=allinurl%3AHealth+and+Beauty google ja Very Happy
escritor
^itpsu47, I think you misundertood me. I meant our internal Health and Beauty, not other sites. Smile
HamsterMan
http://www.oxycontin-addiction-help.com/pages/facts.html

As with all opiods, addiction can be very dangerous and it should not be taken for long periods of time.
dougblackjr
I can't say I'm entirely sure how it works...however...

There are probably agencies in your area that would be able to get you assistance getting your medication. Whether a mental health agency or your doctor's office, most prescription companies will now cover the costs if you are unable to.

Oxy is produced by Purdue Pharma....http://www.purduepharma.com/html/our_products/our_products.htm

~ Doug
AftershockVibe
Why are you asking on an internet forum? I hope you wouldn't rely on any information you got from here and find a qualified doctor or preferably a pharmacist and ask them.
You should only take drugs like this under guidance anyway - they are not friendly to your brain chemistry and are addictive. (Very similar chemistry to heroin and morphine).
dougblackjr
AftershockVibe wrote:
Why are you asking on an internet forum? I hope you wouldn't rely on any information you got from here and find a qualified doctor or preferably a pharmacist and ask them.
You should only take drugs like this under guidance anyway - they are not friendly to your brain chemistry and are addictive. (Very similar chemistry to heroin and morphine).

As much as I answered, I agree....talk to your doctor or a qualified agency.
escritor
AftershockVibe wrote:
Why are you asking on an internet forum?

I totally agree with AftershockVibe. I didn't even wonder if someone was able to do that when I replied here for the first time, but now I noticed the danger of this situation.
chocbizkit
i use prilax .. it helps block my chemoreceptors. worth taking a look