FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Just curious





TiffanyTerrorXO
I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me.
have you ever dated anyone for a long time [six months: long for teens]
and thing you are completely in love with them.
But then you meet someone else you connect with more than them,
and decide it would be best to be with them instead so you break up with
your love to be with this new person?

and if you have done this did you think,
you made the right decision or the wrong one?

I don't think i made the wrong decision i've actually never been happier.
supjapscrapper
Sorry, but I had to jump on this one,cause that's been a question I had been asking myself a long time as I was a teenie, and made my mind upon it some time later. It is a question of being worthy the confidence placed in you, and being worthy of the feelings somebody has for you. I saw many gorls jump on the first guy who they though was cool or who many people found was cool, and then immediately scream how they are in love and whatever. Weeks later, for some of them a couple of months, they just wanny get with another guy who they think fits sssso better to them and they can't control their feelings etc... you see what I mean...
supjapscrapper
oh. and this: If people really take their time and are absolutely sure of their feelings, then they can get in a relationship, not before. because after that, it's like acontract, a promise is a promise and the one who breaks it, has broken the promise. there is a rule in this universe, things get back at people, and an empirical rule that has kept validating itself all these years... people who leave other people for no apparent reason apart form that they think they'd try it with someone else, they are left behind by other people too. believe me it happens all the time. It's a questions of honesty in feelings. Of course, because today, everybody seems to use the word "love" for pretty much everything, from people to cheese, it has lost all value. That makes differentiating between real relationships and fake one very hard. Fake one eventually fail very quickly.
tijn01
go with the flow, go with your instinct, you will figure it out
Chris24
While you are that young just enjoy every moment of learning and meeting new people. You have a long time to go before you should get serious with anyone in this day and age..
RubySlasher
I think that it makes sense for teens to act like that, since there's no way they could be happily married at such a transitional age. And it helps them learn more about the kind of partner they'd be interested in keeping.
When you get older, though, I think that you finally realize that having 'teh best match possible 4EVAR!!!1' with a partner doesn't matter. What matters is your mindsets. If you, or your partner, or both, believe that there is someone better out there, 'someone better' will definitely appear. And once you're in your new relationship, it won't be long before you start thinking like that again, and so the cycle continues.
Finding someone loyal to you that cares about you and that keeps you happy is very important. But I think the key thing is your own attitude. Of course it's human nature, but it's destructive to be greedy. You'll never find peace if you let it control you.
TiffanyTerrorXO
well..
now i have this new guy.
the one i left the other guy for.
(the whole reason i started this topic)
and I'm completely happy, and so is he.
but i keep making him depressed,
because well first when he told me he loved me,
i kinda said sure but i didnt mean to.
it was just one of those things you say without knowing your saying it.
and the second time was when he kisses me i tend to turn away sometimes.
and i don't mean to.
but other than that everything is going well.
and i haven't really thought there is someone who is better for me..except him.
bonestorm74
Yes I guess that can happen a bit. Hasn't happened to me lately though.
TiffanyTerrorXO
Yeah.
Well, this is actually the first time it has happened to me.
gautamdogra
I consider that true love comes in the most unnoticeable manner. It is just around you and you keep on ignoring it. I don't think it has anything to do with age. Love is a feeling that starts from the mothers womb and ends with death. So, irrespective of weather you are a teen or a mid 40's guy, you have a heart right and heart needs compassion and love.
My idea is to give a try to all relationships because you never know which ones click the best. One thing should be noted that never hurt anybody.
b4r4t
In your age you will "fall in love" a lot of times Smile It's normal. But there will be a time, where You will find this "one" ... and You wont search another girl ... (or You will stay teenagespirit guy and become cassanova) Smile
Just Try to not hurt to many girls Smile
czc587
That is totally normal and a part of growing up. Sometimes you break up to be with that person and other times it may be harder and you dont, but I've learned that it's usually a good idea, especailly when you're young and really have nothing to lose, otherwise you may regret not doing it. You may regret being with that same person, and also regret not being with the new peron many years down the road. I regret not following one of those feeling from many years ago and ofter wonder how my life would be dofferent if I had. Theresa where ever you are, I still think about you and think how it could have been different for us Smile [[ You want to avoid having to write someting like that when you get older. ]]
thegoswebs
It depends. If you trust this new person more that you trust your old person and you are completely certain that this new person is going to make you much happier than the old person that I would say go ahead and attempt the new person so long as the new person makes you much happier. You do not however want to make your old person upset in anyway by lying or something similair so I advise that you be completely honest with your old person. Anyways, good luck making the right decision but I also advise not to do anything unless you are really certain that you are going to make the right choice. Good luck!
TiffanyTerrorXO
Yeah i trust this person a lot more.
hes actually really honest.

like if i ask if i look okay when i know i look like crap,
he actually says "you don't look okay but its no big deal."
and it actually doesn't bother me that he says i don't look good all the time.

and hes not a jerk.
he doesn't really yell at me for stupid stuff like my ex.
and hes always really nice.

plus he will actually talk to me.
the other guy just kinda sat there and said nothing when we were at my house.
the new guy actually talks to my parents which is a great thing,
because thats most of the reason they actually like him
ssthanapati
TiffanyTerrorXO wrote:
Yeah i trust this person a lot more.
hes actually really honest.

like if i ask if i look okay when i know i look like crap,
he actually says "you don't look okay but its no big deal."
and it actually doesn't bother me that he says i don't look good all the time.

and hes not a jerk.
he doesn't really yell at me for stupid stuff like my ex.
and hes always really nice.

plus he will actually talk to me.
the other guy just kinda sat there and said nothing when we were at my house.
the new guy actually talks to my parents which is a great thing,
because thats most of the reason they actually like him


Well since u r happier with him then just continue. U dont have 2 give reasons to us just because u want other peoples approval to get rid of the guilty feeling u may be having. And ya u have the right to choose happiness just make sure u dont hurt too many people in the process without their fault and without giving them a chance 2 correct it
ainieas
TiffanyTerrorXO wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me.
have you ever dated anyone for a long time [six months: long for teens]
and thing you are completely in love with them.
But then you meet someone else you connect with more than them,
and decide it would be best to be with them instead so you break up with
your love to be with this new person?

and if you have done this did you think,
you made the right decision or the wrong one?

I don't think i made the wrong decision i've actually never been happier.


Been there, but haven't done that! I mean i haven't made the choice as yet. Cause I can't make it. Somewhere deep down I'm scared of hurting the person I'm with right now or making a choice on based on something that might be momentary.
asim
gr8 that you walked out of relationship that wasnt well enough and now that you have a new partner you are enjoying the same, nobody can say that you did a wrong thing as, you have not hurted anyone one, you are happy. thats all if a person is happy, it matters, nothing else does. But only thing is that never hurt anyone. i think you have already got the answer. and congrats for getting ina new relationship. Very Happy
TiffanyTerrorXO
ainieas wrote:
TiffanyTerrorXO wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me.
have you ever dated anyone for a long time [six months: long for teens]
and thing you are completely in love with them.
But then you meet someone else you connect with more than them,
and decide it would be best to be with them instead so you break up with
your love to be with this new person?

and if you have done this did you think,
you made the right decision or the wrong one?

I don't think i made the wrong decision i've actually never been happier.


Been there, but haven't done that! I mean i haven't made the choice as yet. Cause I can't make it. Somewhere deep down I'm scared of hurting the person I'm with right now or making a choice on based on something that might be momentary.


well you just have to decide who makes YOU happier.
you may chose to leave the person your with now,
or you might not.
it also might take a long time for you decide what your going to do.

i decided to leave the guy because he started to act way different from they guy i LOVED.

but you decide what ever you want.

asim wrote:
gr8 that you walked out of relationship that wasnt well enough and now that you have a new partner you are enjoying the same, nobody can say that you did a wrong thing as, you have not hurted anyone one, you are happy. thats all if a person is happy, it matters, nothing else does. But only thing is that never hurt anyone. i think you have already got the answer. and congrats for getting ina new relationship. Very Happy


thank you.
and yeah mu biggest fear was hurting him,
since i was the only girl that gave him a chance.
but he didn't even care.
and in a way that makes me really sad.
its not like i wanted him to get hurt.its just the fact that he didnt care that i was gone,
and he didn't try to fix things he just sat there..
i don't know its just not how i expected him to act.
but i'm kinda glad he wasn't all depressed because that made it easier for me to move on.
Flarkis
IMHO,

If you have been with that person for such a long enough time you at least owe it to talk to them before anything is done. I have been going out with my girl friend for over a year and if she broke up with me for another guy i would probably want a reason.
TiffanyTerrorXO
well i told him the reason.
he was saying it was all my fault his friends wouldnt talk to him or hang out with him
and he would always make me feel guilty
so i told him that if he wanted his friends back and since i was the thing keeping them from him he didnt need me and that was it.
James_Hicks
I don't believe you need a reason to end a relationship. If you're bored with it and find another person that intrigues you then go for it. It is my belief that we don't have to limit ourselves to monogamy. Who is it to say that we can only just love one person in life? God? Mayhaps, but those marriages were arranged back then. Then King Henry VIII blessed the world with a divorce without damnation. What I'm getting at is that we aren't meant to be with just one person, hence dating. We don't have to settle for the one we're with if a better one comes a long. Just do what feels good. What feels right. I've been married for 5 years and dated her since 1996. I love her but I could easily love someone else more than her. We can't predict these things, their outcomes. Just go with it.
TiffanyTerrorXO
James_Hicks wrote:
Who is it to say that we can only just love one person in life? God?


yeah ive loved more than one person so far and i still have a long time to go before the end of my life.
who knows i might end up loving more people.
mike_phi
How is one suppose to find love unless you try and if you in your teens and have obviously not yet made a big commitment then its al about breaking up when you feel its right untill you learn yourself and learn what you want and at the same time come closer to that true love we al search for.

I think you did the right thing and even more so because you feel hapier about it

good luck and hopefully you will triverse till you find the One ; )

cheers
ainieas
TiffanyTerrorXO wrote:
ainieas wrote:
TiffanyTerrorXO wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me.
have you ever dated anyone for a long time [six months: long for teens]
and thing you are completely in love with them.
But then you meet someone else you connect with more than them,
and decide it would be best to be with them instead so you break up with
your love to be with this new person?

and if you have done this did you think,
you made the right decision or the wrong one?

I don't think i made the wrong decision i've actually never been happier.


Been there, but haven't done that! I mean i haven't made the choice as yet. Cause I can't make it. Somewhere deep down I'm scared of hurting the person I'm with right now or making a choice on based on something that might be momentary.


well you just have to decide who makes YOU happier.
you may chose to leave the person your with now,
or you might not.
it also might take a long time for you decide what your going to do.

i decided to leave the guy because he started to act way different from they guy i LOVED.

but you decide what ever you want.


I know what you've said is the right thing to do but damn it is NOT easy. Maybe I'm more confused cause both of them make me happy in different ways. But all I care right now is that I don't want to hurt either of them.
TiffanyTerrorXO
ainieas wrote:
TiffanyTerrorXO wrote:
ainieas wrote:
TiffanyTerrorXO wrote:
I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me.
have you ever dated anyone for a long time [six months: long for teens]
and thing you are completely in love with them.
But then you meet someone else you connect with more than them,
and decide it would be best to be with them instead so you break up with
your love to be with this new person?

and if you have done this did you think,
you made the right decision or the wrong one?

I don't think i made the wrong decision i've actually never been happier.


Been there, but haven't done that! I mean i haven't made the choice as yet. Cause I can't make it. Somewhere deep down I'm scared of hurting the person I'm with right now or making a choice on based on something that might be momentary.


well you just have to decide who makes YOU happier.
you may chose to leave the person your with now,
or you might not.
it also might take a long time for you decide what your going to do.

i decided to leave the guy because he started to act way different from they guy i LOVED.

but you decide what ever you want.


I know what you've said is the right thing to do but damn it is NOT easy. Maybe I'm more confused cause both of them make me happy in different ways. But all I care right now is that I don't want to hurt either of them.


yeah i know it is hard.
but it was easier for me because the guy i was with before turned into a jerk..
so i had to do it so I didn't get hurt..
Related topics
Just curious... what's your folks' business model?
Curious what constitutes "spam" here.
Just curious, is it double posting if in different language?
Who have many websites - just curious
Curious ....
Curious
IBM, Red Hat widen Linux mainframe promotion
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, The best of the three vote
Humour thread - Be Happy
FCC requires VoIP to clean up its 911 act
Ladder to Success
questions :P
3 Jokes
Security website
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.