FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how much would people pay for all these hardwares?

filet
a 2002 icute casing, a sis motherboard bought 15 days ago, 512 oem ran ddr1 bought 15 days ago, netword card, old amd processor 700 mhz i think if i'm not mistaken and heard it right 754 socket ?
ocalhoun
A motherboard bought 15 days ago is compatible with a 700Mhz CPU?
Depending on the motherboard, I would expect $50 to $100.
It would require serious upgrading to be up-to-date. You could make a nice low-load server out if it though, if that's what you had in mind.
datadoc
Honestly, I would pass this up unless you get the whole lot for under $100. You can go to goodwill and get one like it for about 75 out the door.
filet
how much can i sell all the above items?
ForceRun
I wouldn't buy it at all, just way too old of hardware. If you can get $20 go for it and get rid of it.
aningbo
man... how about being generous and gifting it to ur neighbour boy or your girlfren's younger brother Wink
Kelcey
The hardware seems way too old. I don't think you could even put it up for an auction and get something you'd want for it. If you don't want it anymore and you can't make money... break all of the stuff and see what's inside Smile.
ocalhoun
Kelcey wrote:
I don't think you could even put it up for an auction and get something you'd want for it.

You could auction it off well enough. I know a person who sold a "slightly used, almost square piece of white cardboard" for over $300!

It wouldn't get much, but it would get the most there. A way to value the stuff would be to find out what similar things are selling for on ebay.
MeddlingMonk
It depends what condition the parts are in. I agree with ocalhoun - perhaps try auctioning them off. You never know what they might go for. (One man's junk is another man's treasure.)

512MB DDR1 RAM (400MHz) is usually worth between $50 and $100 new (depending on the brand - Kingston or Corsair are around the $90 mark).

If the case is in excellent condition with a working ATX power supply (around 500 watts), you could probably get $50 for it.

The network card is probably worth close to nothing unless it's brand new and 1Gbit capable. Then it'd probably be around $10.

As for the CPU and motherboard.... a 700MHz AMD and compatible motherboard would generally be worth almost nothing, but some people might be chasing one. Try auctioning it. I know that my local computer store usually chases Pentium III compatible motherboards.