FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

intel motherboard more than 1 pci slot sata ide hdd

filet
I have a few questions here:

1.this particular intel motherboard has only one pci slot and inadequate to cater for 1 cdrom drive, dvdrw drive, 2 ide hard disks and 1 floppy disk (from my old pc)..Is there any intel motherboard with more than 1 pci slot? OR is there any other options or brands that suit for intel processor?

2. whats the best motherboard for intel processor? ranking 1 to 3..

3.What we called a convertor for pci slot so that it can used as sata slot on the motherboard? to add extra pci slot...

4. Whats the difference between graphic and display card?

5. Is the performance with both intel processor and intel motherboard are way better than intel processor with other motherboard brand?
datadoc
first of all, the motherboard you are looking at is an OEM board from either HP or compaq from way back. There are tons of motherboards that are better for intel chips than that board. I personally suggest Asus or Abit, or on the cheaper but still good side, Biostar. All of those boards are priced anywhere from 34.99 up to 289.99 so you can find what you are looking for.

Graphics / display / video. A graphics card is a add in card like nvidia, the display adaptor is the display module that is integrated in to the motherboard, a video card is the same thing as the graphics, but with alot more functions, think of it as being on steroids.
filet
how about gigabyte motherboard? anyone heard of it?
ForceRun
They are good, you are just trying way too hard to mix way old tech with newer tech. Just start with a fresh setup.